• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my ISP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I'm with Rogers in Canada. Originally when I signed up for their "@ home high speed internet" it was slow as hell and dropped out all the time. This was in 2001. Since then, service has improved by leaps and bounds. Service hasn't gone down on me in YEARS. Rock solid 24/7 reliable. Always fast. Nothing ever throttles. Everything is lightning speed.

They upgraded me for free initially from some ungodly low speed to 8mbps. Then to 15mbps. Then I payed $6 to go to 30mbps and recently another $6 to go to 60mbps. I get more than 60mbps though! My downloads from good servers (ie steam) are about 8-9MB/s and on speedtest.net I range form 70-90mbps down and 10mbps up.

The fees I'm being charged are reasonable (they didn't used to be), tech support picks up IMMEDIATELY and everything is run very efficiently. I love this ISP. Just wanted to share.

:shock: Now there is something you just don't hear every day. Or ever. LOL. Good for you.

It just never ever screws me. Every time I click that 1080P youtube video and hit play, a few milliseconds later, it's goin. Every game, low low ping, every download, lightning speed. Never goes down. Runs FASTER than what I'm paying for by about 20%. Its awesome.

I can't complain about mine really. It's dirt cheap always works with a low ping and best of all I can download 24/7 year round and never get capped or a nasty letter. They just don't care. The router works as well. Which is a first. They normally make a balls of them with custom firmware.

What next? Do we send them a Christmas card... Or write songs for "ip love - the musical" :rofl:

Sure they only block proxy servers the government insits on too... Which leaves great big gaping holes in the plan. Lol

ocnoob, you're one of the rare ones. I'm at the mercy of TWC and hate it. I pay wayy too much for 30/5 and where I live at I have no other choice as management doesn't allow for any other provider :mad:

I want to switch to Fios, but it's not available in my area :rolleyes:

Back