• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Shadows of Mordor tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I get swamped in fights with 20 orcs and I can't win. Gimme some strategies. How do I do quick kills? Y + B works after enough strikes and RT + X works but if too many are attacking I cant finish the "finisher"
Tips?

Just counter, counter, counter. Leap over them and keep doing so until you reach the edge of the group so you aren't getting gang banged is what I usually do.

That and don't be afraid to retreat, run away and hide and take them out a couple at a time. Use your arrows too. Use the environment.

divide and conquer, Run away, climb a cliff kill them as they come if they form around you run away some more.

Dagger are great for damage and knock back. Daggers are very cheap you can pin 3-4 orcs and slowly kill them by spamming them.

Stealth kill, wait for someone to see the body and kill them repeat.

What they said.

It's not a hack-n-slash game. You need to use strategy instead of running face-first into 20 Uruks.
Sneak and assassinate, use explosive barrels, use the bow to keep enemies off the alarm, use daggers to stun.
Pick off enemies at the edges first, they'll be more scattered out, then fight the remaining 5 or so that stick closer together all at once.

How do I get "elf" shot or whatever it's called- more arrows to shoot in wraith mode basically?
What does "DRaining" orcs do when I grab them by the head?

It gives you elf shot

You can also find elf shot stuck in walls and stuck in the ground. Hit a button to pick up.

It gives you elf shot

You can also find elf shot stuck in walls and stuck in the ground. Hit a button to pick up.

What does it look like in walls/ground? Does it show on the map? What am I looking for?

What exactly is elf shot and how do I switch in and out of it?

I have sniped many archers. After like 5 shots it wont shoot and says I need elf shot.

For a game that basically stole Batman "Arkham"'s fighting engine this game is SOOO COMPLEEX. Omfg...

So, you know what the "arrows" look like. That's elf shot.
You'll see them stuck in places, just walk up and hit the button it says to.

You realize that the Batman Arkham games are pretty complex too, right?

So, you know what the "arrows" look like. That's elf shot.
You'll see them stuck in places, just walk up and hit the button it says to.

You realize that the Batman Arkham games are pretty complex too, right?

Not nearly this complex though. It's easier to get into a giant fight and pwn all the enemies.

Got any screenies of what these random arrows in the environment look like? Do they show up on my map? Sorry Im a bit lost. I googled but couldn't find it.

Not nearly this complex though. It's easier to get into a giant fight and pwn all the enemies.

Yeah, Arkham was definitely way easier.
I enjoy the difficulty though, it makes you think about how to control a fight instead of rushing in and smashing buttons.

Got any screenies of what these random arrows in the environment look like? Do they show up on my map? Sorry Im a bit lost. I googled but couldn't find it.

I don't, but they literally look like your arrows stuck in a wall or a stump or other piece of the environment.

Not sure about the map, I never used it to find them. I think I remember some symbol though.
They glow, like your arrows. Pretty easy to see, IMO. They won't be everywhere, but you'll see them at pretty much any building.

On the mini map they literally look like arrows (they don't show up on the big main map). Once you're near one you can go into the Wraith Vision mode and look around for a glowing arrow (you can see the arrows through walls with the vision) but you don't have to use wraith vision to see them. Go up to it and hit CTRL (don't know the button on the controller). You can use money to upgrade to carry more arrows.

Back