• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Shadows of Mordor tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do I get "elf" shot or whatever it's called- more arrows to shoot in wraith mode basically?
What does "DRaining" orcs do when I grab them by the head?

FWIW both of these topics were covered during the first hour or so in the game via the story-based tutorials.

Leurk's pictures are perfect for showing them.

FWIW both of these topics were covered during the first hour or so in the game via the story-based tutorials.

Leurk's pictures are perfect for showing them.

There is an unlimited supply of arrows, it looks like more than one of the one stuck in the wall. Like 15 of them clustered.

None that I can think of. I do however use the bow whenever I can, it's pretty OP when you get the quicker charge time ability.

None that I can think of. I do however use the bow whenever I can, it's pretty OP when you get the quicker charge time ability.

Im having trouble sneaking. I just met a guy, collected lots of herbs to poison orcs, then went into their camp but couldnt find their grog and they spotted me. I need help with stealth.

Take out the uruks that you can the grog are the barrels. That mission took me a few tries.

I found letting loose the caragor made it easier

I killed 5 captains today in SOM. I'm getting gooood at merking these Uruks. What a well made polished piece of gaming. Definitely an instant classic. I hope they make sequels.

Also, when on the roof tops, look for what like kinda like giant hornet nests, shoot them with an arrow, or walk along the ropes, and cut them down, and they'll create panic, and when you see rotten meat hanging, shooting those will attract caragors, which again create havoc, and you can shoot a caragor cage to release it also. Once you get some of the key skills, you can go in and own a ton of Orcs in a hack and slash style, at least I did, but I had to retry many missions due to being discovered, or getting my A handed to me due to running in head strong lol

Big suggestion, earn as much Mp as you can early in the game, ignore all the bs that doesn't cost much, save up 2500 quick to unlock the special for your sword, which is at the very bottom, I'd lvl your health a couple times in the process, but don't go crazy spending points. After you unlock the Storm of Urfael skill, you can go on an execution killing spree for 20 seconds, in other words, you can use the BY, XA, and BA executions non stop for 20 seconds, though you have to progress far enough in the game to unlock those specials. I started out searching for the hidden items and collectible bs, doing the weapon missions, collecting herbs, doing the hunting crap, and freeing slaves until I had a couple health lvls, and the Storm skill, then if I get in a tight spot, I'd click both analog sticks, and kill 10-15 orcs easily, without them laying a hand on me, can even use them on most captains.

Also, find people with intel, and know every captains weakness asap, that way if you randomly run into a captain, you can look at his weakness, and take him down much more easily. Then learn about all the War Chiefs once you are far enough in the game. Don't rush game progression, wait until you can kick *** where you are, before moving further.

Big suggestion, earn as much Mp as you can early in the game, ignore all the bs that doesn't cost much, save up 2500 quick to unlock the special for your sword, which is at the very bottom, I'd lvl your health a couple times in the process, but don't go crazy spending points. After you unlock the Storm of Urfael skill, you can go on an execution killing spree for 20 seconds, in other words, you can use the BY, XA, and BA executions non stop for 20 seconds, though you have to progress far enough in the game to unlock those specials. I started out searching for the hidden items and collectible bs, doing the weapon missions, collecting herbs, doing the hunting crap, and freeing slaves until I had a couple health lvls, and the Storm skill, then if I get in a tight spot, I'd click both analog sticks, and kill 10-15 orcs easily, without them laying a hand on me, can even use them on most captains.

Also, find people with intel, and know every captains weakness asap, that way if you randomly run into a captain, you can look at his weakness, and take him down much more easily. Then learn about all the War Chiefs once you are far enough in the game. Don't rush game progression, wait until you can kick *** where you are, before moving further.

What is MP? I'm sending you a PM

What is MP? I'm sending you a PM

The games currency. He means after you buy all the rune slots for your weapon (sword, bow, dagger) theres a last one you can get that costs quite a bit and you can use it to obliterate orcs. I like the dagger one. You go into a stealth mode and keep assassinating them. I've used it in combat too, quite helpful. I have all 3 though and the bow one lets you have infinite arrows and focus for 20 seconds. It also refills it so you have a bit more time even after your "20 second special" is over. The sword lets you just use your finisher as many times within 20 seconds.

The games currency. He means after you buy all the rune slots for your weapon (sword, bow, dagger) theres a last one you can get that costs quite a bit and you can use it to obliterate orcs. I like the dagger one. You go into a stealth mode and keep assassinating them. I've used it in combat too, quite helpful. I have all 3 though and the bow one lets you have infinite arrows and focus for 20 seconds. It also refills it so you have a bit more time even after your "20 second special" is over. The sword lets you just use your finisher as many times within 20 seconds.

You can unlock all 3 of them without having gotten any of the other atributes at all, I had only a couple of health upgrades when I got the Storm of U whatever the sword is called...

If I've got sword runes I'm not using can I sell them?

Also how to I unlock the lower tiers of things I can unlock (weapons upgrades etc)?

It only seems to unlock one tier at a time.

Back