• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System build!! Check out my specs and let me know what you think!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpiderCraved

Registered
I've been building this system for about a month now, buying one part and then swapping it out for something else. I think that I've finally got it set up but am running into some frame drops and screen tearing during game play. Mostly on FarCry4 and Saints Row @ high - max settings. Any way take a look at the system stats in my sig, and the pic below and let me know what you think. :confused: If you need more info on the build just ask.

Untitled3.png

It all looks pretty good to me Spider. I'm not surprised at the frame drops and tearing. Have never played Saints Row but I have played FarCry3 and know from experience it's a very graphically intensive game. I would venture to guess that #4 is just as tough or tougher on a video card. I checked the Optimal requirements for that title and they recommend a 290x. So it's no wonder the 270x is struggling to keep up at those settings.
I am looking forward to playing that one myself, have the code and it's on the download list.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2GB VRAM)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
Man those are some stout specs for optimal in FC4. Wow.
RGone...ster.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2GB VRAM)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
Man those are some stout specs for optimal in FC4. Wow.
RGone...ster.

No worries Gonester , I have it covered. :clap:

Well another card would certainly help. I took a closer look at your SS and are you really running 1.64v through that CPU. If so what are your temps like. You might be experiencing some thermal throttling that could cause performance drops.

At an ambient temp of 22C the CPU runs at about 32C, under full load (prime 95) it runs at 49C-51C. In the screen shot above I have the temps to the right, the top one is the CPU.

At an ambient temp of 22C the CPU runs at about 32C, under full load (prime 95) it runs at 49C-51C. In the screen shot above I have the temps to the right, the top one is the CPU.

That still seems like a lot of voltage to me for a 24/7 overclock. It appears that the AIO is doing a fine job cooling that APU though.
@RAY that's corsair link software.

Yeah the corsair link software is really awesome, even for pc's that don't have a corsair link supported water cooler. The only voltage changes I've made was +0.10 for APU, and +0.10 on the north bridge done via bios

Well maybe something isn't reading correctly then. CPU=z reports 1.64v which is high. I'm no strabger to voltage but even I wouldn't run much more than 1.55v for a daily OC. It could be something else throwing it off. If you still have it on auto for core voltage it really shouldn't be upping it that far. If you have the msi SOFTWARE INSTALLED IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO CHECK IT WITH THAT OR hwmONITOR FREE VERSION. Ha got that d**n caps lock again

SOFTWARE INSTALLED IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO CHECK IT WITH THAT OR hwmONITOR FREE VERSION. Ha got that d**n caps lock again

Ah Hah, the cold weather has got them fangers swole-up again I see. Hitten at 'ar cap key. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

That still seems like a lot of voltage to me for a 24/7 overclock. It appears that the AIO is doing a fine job cooling that APU though.
@RAY that's corsair link software.

I agree with Johan ....... I would wonder about the temps. It has been known that the new A10 apu have an issue with some software for reporting volts and temps from the cpu ...... I have seen this with HDMonitor not sure about corsair link as I have not used it. Now another question is corsair link displaying Core Temps or CPU Socket Temps....... my guess is socket temp. SO how hot is your Core temps?

I'd try AMD overdrive and see what your temps are in that. Like the other guys are saying that is a lot of volts to be at 51c.

Back