• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any good monitor deals this black friday? (Or recommend one in general

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firesoul453

Are there any good monitor deals this black Friday?
Seems like all the ads are out. I've seen no good deals on one. Am I missing a good deal?

Right now I have a 24inch monitor but looking for a second to use as a main display. This will help a ton with coding and be more productive. My plan is hopefully to get three but thats not going to happen this year. I wouldn't mind one larger than 24"

Thinking about just getting ASUS MX279H 27-Inch, its about $225.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Buy will have a $200 50" 1080p Panasonic on Black Friday.

TV for a computer? Unless it's an HTPC that's pretty "meh".

OP, check out the U2414H. I believe Newegg has it on sale for $210 currently.
I've got three of them, awesome monitors. Mandrake also got his yesterday, he PM'd me absolutely blown away by it.

TV for a computer? Unless it's an HTPC that's pretty "meh".

OP, check out the U2414H. I believe Newegg has it on sale for $210 currently.
I've got three of them, awesome monitors. Mandrake also got his yesterday, he PM'd me absolutely blown away by it.

Same monitor I have and love it. Would like to get two more.

Mandrake also got his yesterday, he PM'd me absolutely blown away by it.
Yup, granted I upgraded from a couple of Acer AL2216W monitors from 06 or 08, can't remember when I bought them exactly. The U2414 us great got it for 209.00 from the Egg.

Thanks for the suggestion but looks like I missed out. That monitor is like $270 everywhere. If I'm going to spend $300 ish I would want a higher resolution.
I'll keep an eye out. If you all recommend this then I won't hesitate to jump on it if I see that deal somewhere.
But what makes that monitor so good? Just the bezel plus IPS?

Would you guys buy a 27" monitor thats only 1080p?

Anyone ever own a Monoprice monitor? They are having a sale on their 1440p IPS monitor.

Tiny bezel, input options, factory color calibration, IPS, great quality stand, low latency (read the TFTCentral review, it's actually very fast), and 3-year Dell warranty.

I went crazy and bough the monoprice 1440p IPS monitor for $300.
Thanks I'll let you all know what I think of it.

Incase anyone is wondering. I got the Monoprice 1440p IPS display.
Great monitor! Colors are great and resolution is great! Everything looks sharper and more colorful.
I highly recommend this monitor.

There are two things I don't like about it. Bezel is just as big as an apple cinema display and ports are hard to get to.

Back