• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Please post the link, not the screenshot. I can't make changes to a screenshot and there's no use starting from scratch when you have the list already.

The first thing I notice is that there is no operating system. Do you already have a copy of Windows?

Did you need an HDD? I see the SSD, but no other storage.
You shouldn't need more than 250GB for your OS, programs, and some other bits. Then use an HDD to hold the rest of the files.
With that in mind I've changed the SSD to the 840 EVO 250GB and added a 1TB HDD.

I changed the GPU to one with a better cooler and a higher factory overclock.
Same price.

Are you planning to overclock at all? I can cut a LOT of cost if you're not.

Anyway, here's my current suggestions until you get back to those questions.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7tKJTW

i'll go with window 7. trying to find it for free. No way i'll pay for this..

I'm not planning to overclock. i don't think that would be so necessary for just 3 D modeling. At least not now.

I bought 4709K. WD Blue hard drive. Rosewill Capstone 750W gold.

I think i'll buy Samsung 840 EVo since it's in price range.

Why superclocked GTX970?

If you don't plan to overclock you can go with a non "K" CPU and a b series motherboard and save some cost. But you will not be able to OC

i bought the 4790K for like $250. Pretty good deal.
I could try overclocking it if these components don't end up providing enough performance later

It is the same price as the one you had in your build and it is slightly overclocked...pretty much more for less. So yes I would recommend it as well.

So you're going to run business software on an illegal copy of Windows?
I'm out, best of luck with the build. Neither I (nor the forum) advocates the usage of illegal software.

So you're going to run business software on an illegal copy of Windows?
I'm out, best of luck with the build. Neither I (nor the forum) advocates the usage of illegal software.

i recently found out that if you already have a PC with Window then you can transfer Window to another PC.
I think this is how it works. Install Window trial Version on different computer and transfer that file in to a USB.
Then using the USB, install the window trial version in the new PC. Then use the window 7 Code from the previous pc to install full version of Window.

I already have a laptop with window 7. I'll be selling the laptop anyways so .. i hope this would work.

The license won't transfer, it's oem license. They key is tied to that particular set of hardware. If that key is used on another system, it might activate, but it will eventually be blacklisted by MS. Just pay the money and buy a legit key. The same goes for any other software you are using.

Back