• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comcast update broke my moms hdtv-any way to get reparations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

So they told us about 2 weeks ago that the system will be down from 6pm to 9 pm due to some sort of upgrade. we turned the tv on at 905 pm and the picture was blurry for a second and then shut off. the red light on the tv started flashing. every time we try to turn on the tv the same thing happens. its obvious that something they did caused her tv to give up the ghost. anyone else experience weird stuff like this?

It could be coincidence. Have you tried another TV on that connection to make sure it's the TV and not the feed that's bad?

I can't imagine any situation where an upgrade to a cable box would break a TV. As trents said I would recommend plugging in a different TV.

Did you try disconnecting the coaxial cable that goes into the TV? did any other TV in the house get affected?

The only way Comcast's firmware update broke his mom's TV is if they sent out a technician to do it and he threw the set top box through her TV Screen.

Just more people wanting something for nothing and blaming others for everything that goes wrong...

The only way Comcast's firmware update broke his mom's TV is if they sent out a technician to do it and he threw the set top box through her TV Screen.

Just more people wanting something for nothing and blaming others for everything that goes wrong...

Not a fair assessment, this lady and her Mom may not know how to reset / reprogram their TV which could be the issue. Not everyone is technically inclined.

MP, please update this when you can.

Not a fair assessment, this lady and her Mom may not know how to reset / reprogram their TV which could be the issue. Not everyone is technically inclined.

MP, please update this when you can.

As a DirecTV contractor, i would have to say that it IS a fair assessment. some cable/satilite cable boxes DO go bad and we techs have to go out there to replace them. just two days ago, i replaced this lady's old satellite box that was already becoming defective (turned on its own, video problems, etc) and replaced it with a new one. was working great after that.

so OP, if i were you, try disconnecting the cable box from the TV and connect the coaxial cable from the box to the TV. use the TVs power button as well.

let us know how it goes.

Back