• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo and ram for 4790k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

Hello

Its time for a new build since I had it close to 5 years and was top of the line when I built it. LOL

Going to go with the 4790k which I think is a little over kill but for $80 more why not? Christmas present to me hopefully I can get a good black friday deal.

What moboboard would you choose and ram. Looking to spend around $150 for mobo and $80-100 on ram. 8gb should do. Going to use z97 mobo but not really use what to look for. I will need to run 4 monitors and my video. 2 onboard monitors and 2 video card is nvidia geforce gt 620. The new build will be used for trading and multi tasking. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction instead of me just picking one off newegg and crossing my fingers.

Thanks
nate:D

ASRock Z97 Extreme4
G.SKILL Ares 2x4GB 2133 CL9

Fast, quality components. And they even match :)

I love my board but i think if i had it to do again id get the Extreme 6 just for the extra lan port and because of the position of the extra power connector at the bottom of the board .Much easier to get a cable to.

Last edited:
I love my board but i think if i had it to do again id get the Extreme 6 just for the extra lan port and because of the position of the extra power connector at the bottom of the board .Much easier to get a cable to.

The power connector at the bottom is only needed if you're running SLI or Crossfire.

Back