• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't play Garden Warfare through router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I'm trying to play PVZ Garden warfare but I can only play if I connect my modem directly to my pc. If I go through my wifi router (still a wired connection) it won't let me get into servers or I get kicked.
I have a TP Link Archer C7.

What settings do I tweak?

Thanks.

EA site says they borked things while updating servers... but the PC version is running again.
so try rebooting the router and see if its a happy bunny?

lots of unhappy bunnies at EA games mind. lol
they suggest you grab a ticket and stand in line :D

oh yeah I`d try opening cmd admin and type the magic
ipconfig /flushdns :cool:

before another server fight :)

Last edited:
login to your router. select forwarding on left menu column. select port triggering. shove in the values UDP: 3659 UDP: 49152 – 65535

so ID is "ea server" or whatever you fancy calling it. enter the start port 49152 then the end port 65535 and the protocol UDP. then the iP address of the machine your using it on.

also open your firewall in windows and set a new rule with the values provided.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

I doubt that's much clearer but hey... I don't have your router to make nice screenshots with :D

edit: after reading your router manual page 74-75 the port is just 3659 start and end port for a guess. so that's simples. :)

Last edited:
login to your router. select forwarding on left menu column. select port triggering. shove in the values UDP: 3659 UDP: 49152 – 65535

so ID is "ea server" or whatever you fancy calling it. enter the start port 49152 then the end port 65535 and the protocol UDP. then the iP address of the machine your using it on.

also open your firewall in windows and set a new rule with the values provided.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

I doubt that's much clearer but hey... I don't have your router to make nice screenshots with :D

edit: after reading your router manual page 74-75 the port is just 3659 start and end port for a guess. so that's simples. :)

What do you mean by end port for a guess?

I mean in the router you just need to forward port 3659 and not a range of port addresses.

its 4:30 in the morning... not my best time of day to make sense. lol

so in the router open port 3659 with UDP protocol.

and in the firewall make an exception rule for port 3659 with a range of 49152 – 65535

(you can pay me in sleeping tablets... im jacked up on energy drink :shock: ) lol

I mean in the router you just need to forward port 3659 and not a range of port addresses.

its 4:30 in the morning... not my best time of day to make sense. lol

so in the router open port 3659 with UDP protocol.

and in the firewall make an exception rule for port 3659 with a range of 49152 – 65535

(you can pay me in sleeping tablets... im jacked up on energy drink :shock: ) lol

I did the thingy in the router you said but when I did it in firewall too it messed up. So I took the firewall addin off and it runs miraculously with just the router tweak.

yeah you`d have thought EA would have added the firewall rule in the software really. plus you said it run without the router.
pleased my terrible explanation got you somewhere anyhow :D lol

now you know how to port forward... you can add another for utorrent etc etc.

quite a bit of software gets messed about when it hits the router. :)

yeah you`d have thought EA would have added the firewall rule in the software really. plus you said it run without the router.
pleased my terrible explanation got you somewhere anyhow :D lol

now you know how to port forward... you can add another for utorrent etc etc.

quite a bit of software gets messed about when it hits the router. :)

Why would I want to port forward for bit torrent?
I'm trying to get away from using torrents...

Back