• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy sound card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeman74

I have a sound blaster audigy 7.1 se sound card and I'm trying to connect to my amp using digital coax cable.
With my old audigy card I used a 3.5mm headphone jack to 2 phono lead.
I've tried that this time and I'm getting no sound I can't even find the set output to raw (think that's what I did last time)
I'm starting to give up and thinking it can't be done!

If your motherboard has audio out use that! Skip the sound card all together. In essence you are exporting a digital signal and have ZERO use for that sound card. The external processor on your receiver or external device will make a better use of that signal. Sound cards worst location is actually inside the computer case. There are way too many signal interferences that degrade the sound quality. You are MUCH better off using an external device to convert the digital signal to analog.

For everyone using headphones get yourself a DAC & plug in your headphones. It's in most cases much cheaper than a sound card and multiple times better in clarity & volume.

Back