• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New PC..What do you think? I7 4790K / (2) GTX-980 SLI / 16GB RAM /

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Venom_X

I just finished my new PC and would like to share it with you all...Let me know what you think. Venom_x.jpg

See the Benchmark (3dmark11) here.

Today I got a chance to finally sit down and Tweak my Cards for a nice O.C. Using EVGA Precision X.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice and cozy!
What temps do the GPUs hit while looping Unigine Heaven?

Looks sick. Please list:

where did you get those cables? Are they extensions or did you use full custom cables

where did you get the led light strip, how much was it, is it RGB?

How are your temps on everything in that case? Are you happy with them?

Are you happy with the case? I am considering one.

How easy was the case to build in?

Are those the EVGA ACX cards?

Looks fantastic man high five.

Looks sick. Please list:

where did you get those cables? Are they extensions or did you use full custom cables Those are just extenstion cables. I got them from Amazon.com

where did you get the led light strip, how much was it, is it RGB? The LED Strip came from Frozen CPU.com / cost: 25.00 / It is just RED

How are your temps on everything in that case? Are you happy with them? As stated Earlier, Running Heaven Benchmark my highest temp was 79, the temps are great with this case. I am very happy with it.

Are you happy with the case? I am considering one. Yes, you should buy one today!

How easy was the case to build in? This case has plenty of room. I love the cable management.

Are those the EVGA ACX cards? Yes :)

Looks fantastic man high five.

Yes! I was worried about these cards with the ACX Cooler, but it seems that they are spaced far enough that there is not a problem with Temps :)

How are you finding the 980 SLI? Microstutter? Compatibility? Performance?

The 980 SLI works Excellent! I have not had any Microshuttering..EVER! The only thing I don't like about my Machine is windows 8..Performance is amazing. You can see my 3dmark11 Benchmark here.

Wow, great machine! May I ask why do you have 2TB and 500GB HDD? For what purposes do you use 500GB HDD in this computer or it is just an old drive from the previous computer?

Nice to hear no SLI issues. What games/apps have you tested with so far plz??

I have used 3dmark11, Heaven Benchmark, All of the COD Series, BF4, and many many others..to many to list. Is there a specific game you are wanting to ask about? Apps run fine on even a $200.00 PC.

Wow, great machine! May I ask why do you have 2TB and 500GB HDD? For what purposes do you use 500GB HDD in this computer or it is just an old drive from the previous computer?

The 2TB is used Games other than COD AW, and BF4 of which I have installed on my SSD. The 500GB is just Music / Movies, which was from my previous PC.

Back