• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD 5150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I have a 5150 on an AM1B ITX ASRock board in my mom's room. It's on the stock cooler. (Do they even make aftermarket for AM1?)
Anwyays, I was wondering if it was possible to overclock to 5350 speeds on the stock cooler?

Can someone point me to a guide? Admittedly I have a JUNK board with JUNK power delivery but if it's possible I'd appreciate the help.

Put it through a stress test to see what your temps are first before you attempt it.

How long has it been thrown together and what thermal paste does it have?

Really depends on what temps it's running right now.

Stock thermal pad on the cooler. WHat do I check the temps with? Coretemp wont work.

Its been thrown together for 1 week.

Shouldn't I be able to get 5350 speeds on pretty much stock voltage?

Are these chips even unlocked?

Here's the better question, does the BIOS have any overclocking options?

Thats why I was trying to find bios pics. I can't find anything on it. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't OC.

This APU can make 2GHz+ stable if board will let you set high bclk. However some boards won't pass ~103-105bclk as it's linked to pcie. There are boards like ASUS AM1I which can make 130MHz+. I made fully stable 2GHz+ on my 5150 and it was running in NAS for about 2 months overclocked and at lowered voltage.

I think there are only single 3rd party coolers on the market but all that I've seen are about the same as stock.
You don't have to change cooler even for high OC.

Overclocking is as simple as raise bclk and adjust memory ratio. Of course if board will let you set higher bclk.

Some results and tips in my thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/746438-AM1-overclocking-thread?highlight=asus+am1i

Why not OC from windows, it's just slide this, this and that, hit apply. And on the plus side, if an OC is bad, the pc will restart and act like nothing happened

I don't know about Atune but you should be able to keep that stable as Woomack says at 2.0, the stock cooler is fine as well these things don't heat up at all. I took the 5350 from 2.05 to 2900 on a stock cooler with the ASUS AM1 board. They're actually quite good little CPUs, if AMD could make some in the 4.5G range they'd be awesome.

Back