• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wondering - Number of Programs for Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

You know how marketers brag "Oh there are 100,000 apps in the Windows App Store for Windows 8" and oh there are 1 million apps for iOS...

I was just wondering, what do you guys think the number of programs available for Windows (the 'traditional' desktop environment)

Programs compatible with XP/7/8, usually work on all three. How many programs do you think Windows has? I would bet it outnumbers all of those silly app stores threefold put together. Must be near 10 million programs? What do you think?

Looking for more arguments against Windows 8+.

Looking for more arguments against Windows 8+.
If I may say, in 9/10 cases, all.... *all* arguments against Windows 8 go away if you permanently make it look like Windows 7 by default with an option to switch to Metro rather than it being setup as frustrating Metro being default:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/752525-How-do-you-install-classic-shell-in-Win-8-1

There is no reason to upgrade a perfectly working Windows 7... but installing from scratch, with both OSs being on the table at the same price - not going with Windows 8 would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited:
Back