• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I told myself "I wont do it!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag10

Well, I did it. I pulled the trigger on an AIO, specifically the Nepton 140XL. Keep in mind I would have preferred a custom setup but unfortunately the $$ is just not available right now and my 8320 feels so bottlenecked at 4GHz. Keep in mind I'm currently using my old Coolermaster Gemini II S(original) which is not much better than the FX series stock heatsink. However, for $60 I think i got a pretty nice deal.

Edit: will add pics after it arrives next week.

Last edited:
It was a nice deal......but don't expect any miracle on your temps. It can't handle the heat produced by that 8320 either.

Well either way it will be better than the current heatsink that I have currently. Granted its no miracle solution but will atleast stave off overheating during gaming. @4GHZ i peak at around 55*C during gaming right now so any extra bit extra will help till i build my loop which wont be till Q2/3 2015.

This should atleast put me in range of the D14 in terms of dissipation capability

what games do you play?
do any of them even use all 8 cores, so far only BF4 is reported to.

what games do you play?
do any of them even use all 8 cores, so far only BF4 is reported to.

I do play some BF4/3 and titanfall every once in a while. Other than that i play several RTS games such as Command and conquer series and Sins of a Solar Empire, which I still can not run on the highest settings. I tend to play FPS and RPG's on a regular basis.

I had an overclocked fx 6100 doing just fine on an h60. tha nepton should do alright to handle the heat of an 8320.

I had my 6100 stable at 4.5ghz on the h60 and temps were great.

an h50 kept temps in the low 60 C range at load

the h60 kept it right around 60 C or lower at load

I had an overclocked fx 6100 doing just fine on an h60. tha nepton should do alright to handle the heat of an 8320.

I had my 6100 stable at 4.5ghz on the h60 and temps were great.

an h50 kept temps in the low 60 C range at load

the h60 kept it right around 60 C or lower at load

I'm sorry but IMO 60c is not what I call a good temp. You can do better than that on air.
Also, a 6xxx is not an 8xxx. The 8 series has another modules heat to add to your 6 series.

a 1.2ghz over clock isnt too shabby

currently im sitting at load at 42C on speccy. it may have been a bad read on the other software. The h50 was in a terrible case with an r9 290 and bad airflow.

i loved the case but it was tiny. It was the smallest case ive ever seen that fit a full sized ATX motherboard.

the H60 does have an aftermarket fan but nothing special. I put a coolermaster 120mm on it that is <20db

back to mag 10 here.
I would disable 1 module, that means 2 cores, and see if you can gain some clocks that way, that's how I gamed my 8350, if the game could not use all 8 cores I just disabled them and let my rig run cooler with much less fan noise.

I agree with Scott on the temps, and right now my Gemini 2 does better than the h60 @ 4GHz vs 4.5. as for stability my only problem with OCing was the temps, otherwise it was stable when i tried using bf3/4 till it got too hot that is :eh?: I can probly hit much better clocks around 1.35v or so i haven't had the chance to push past that due to overheating.

With that said the AIO will be in Thursday and will probly install on Friday. I'm gonna let my friend assist as he is interested in working(and building) on computers but never had the chance, good learning experience for him.

I need to find a better solution for my HDD/SSD as the cage with my fractal is well too bulky for my tastes, night fab a plate for the SSD to install on the back(unless someone has one they could sell/donate :clap:) and will probly get a smaller cage for the 3/5" drives.

Also this will be a good time to clean the components which isn't too bad currently.

Update: So the package arrived today however I will not have the chance to install until Friday. Will *** pics to this post shortly.

20141203_164934.jpg
20141203_165235.jpg
20141203_165253.jpg
20141203_165413.jpg
PWM Splitter
20141203_165440.jpg
20141203_165756.jpg
New Mousepad :D
20141203_165544.jpg
And the main attraction!

Last edited:
Back