• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system built, a few gaming questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
With the help from you terrific people I got my new system put together.
AMD FX 6300
8GB Gskill sniper
Evga GeForce gtx 750ti 2gb
1TB Sata Seagate
Cool master Evo cooler
Corsair 430
Windows 8.1 pro
Hooked up to a sharp hdmi 1080p display

Build went smooth and loaded all drivers that came with hardware.

Now, gaming seems pretty smooth on med/high settings on newer games like COD A/W . Averaging 50-60 fps. Older games like counter strike seeing 300 maxed out. however, I have noticed quite a bit of "stuttering" when making quick moves with the mouse in games. More so in counter strike and Gary's mod but also noticed this is new games as well. When this happens , FRAPS doesn't seem to notice in drop in the fps or if it is, the recovery is to quick to catch it. Suggestions?

As of now, everything is running stock.

Ok thanks I will try that and report back. Is it still necessary to manually remove old driver before installing new?

this might be the cpu bottle necking your game a little, I see this with my a6-6600k and my a8-6600k, they have the same pile driver cores as yours and i have corrected it by clocking the things to between 4.7-4.9 so you might try getting your clocks up a bit.

I have also had crappy game installs cause it.

open candy is malware that downloads popups to your computer and a version i had, downloaded and up loaded and used over 200 gigs over a month.

Usually, if you select the custom install option of freeware and carefully attend the install you can uncheck the malware uptions.

Last edited:
Usually, if you select the custom install of freeware and carefully attend the install you can uncheck the malware uptions.

There isn't a way to opt out of the installation of Open Candy. But, generally, you should always click the "Advanced" tab when installing most apps.

Back to the task at hand-

OP how are you liking your computer? Can we help with anything? Did you OC the CPU and GPU yet?

Loving it! :)

Tonight I successfully OC the CPU, Seems stable at 4.3ghz (216x20 - 1.38vcore - LLC Medium)

Have not thought about OC'ing the GPU yet......

Back