• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Syncing Google W/O Contacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING (a little late).

So, this problem has peeved me for 3 years through 3 different phones. I like syncing google to my phones because of all of the features it gives me, but I have 100s of contacts on my google account that I do not want on my phone, because every time I try to call someone or text someone they all show up. Is there a way to sync without moving my contacts?

Also, is there a way to move non-google contacts from my S4 to my S5?

Also, again, any way to play flac files on this beast?

thanks!

:salute:

Last edited:
Under your account settings uncheck contacts. I think that should do it for that.

For the non-google contacts I'm not sure, there's probably an app for it.

According to some googling flac is natively supported on the s5.

I gave up on the contact thing and just manually moved the ones i wanted and opted out of the contacts on google sync in the menu.
Thanks for the help!

If you go into settings in contacts, there should be a box you can tick that says "Only contacts with phones". That has been present on my Galaxy S3 and now my LG G3. It's a very useful box. :)

Back