• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X99 deluxe q code 61 help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonau1991

hi just put a new build together with the x99 Deluxe went to boot up for the first time and all i keep getting is Q code 61 the ram is contactable according to the website pls help

Intel Core i7 5960X Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2800 MHz 2x gtx 980 4GB SC ACX X99 deluxe mobo Corsair AX1200i PSU

Q code 61 usually means there is something wrong vid card related (NVRAM), but I've also seen a corrupted bios use that code.

Iv tried re flashing the bios still the same in the book it says Q code 61 = NVRAM initialization but im pretty new to this only ever built one other rid and it wend smooth as can be

Did you try another GPU?
Did you try your GPU in another rig?

Any friends or family with computers that have a GPU you could borrow for testing?

i took the gpu's out still the same

On an X99 system you need a GPU in the system because there is no onboard GPU.
Taking out the GPU's and getting the same code makes me wonder if the GPU is just completely dead.

Have you tried each GPU by itself? You mentioned having two.

Back