• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Envy 15 1190eo Fresh install, impossible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hello guys,

I have for a long time been putting this off, but no more.

I have an HP Envy 15 1190eo, I need to do a fresh install on it, but its impossible.

I have tried using USB, i have tried using CD via the original HP CD drive, but its a constant missing CD/DVD drivers, since HP package the drivers, i am finding it hard/impossible to find the drivers ripped up ready for use.

Does anyone have good idea on how to solve this issue?

Darn, that would have been a simple fix. I'm sure you've already checked the boot order in BIOS & HDD is 3rd with CD/DVD & USB 1st & 2nd.

What was the original OS & are you trying to do an install of the same OS?

Its born w7, old hdd is dead, replaced hdd, fresh install. Rhe issue is it only has usb 3.0 and its a known issues that usb gives issues. I need help getting the drives extracted so i can load them.

OK, I did a little googling & here's a couple options I found...
Tomshardware said:
I had the same issue and only USB 3.0 ports on my laptop.
What worked for me was to go to BIOS and disable the XHCI (which is the USB 3.0 controller). Afterwards, (I think) my USB ports acted just like 2.0 ones as I was able to boot from the stick without any issues.

I hope this can help someone...I spent half a day trying to solve this problem. There are other solutions out there also (adding your USB drivers in the windows distribution) so good luck!

Of course I enabled the USB ports in BIOS again afterwards (when windows finished installing)
and...
http://www.resolvesolutions.co.uk/article/win7usb3install

I have no experience with this issue, but I guess many of us will in the future. Good Luck!

That did help, I found the right driver unpacked inside, now the big issue is, i cant be bothered to make a new USB just for this craptop :/

Back