• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair CX430 Help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aggeluska

Registered
Hello guys . I bought recently a corsair CX430 but I notice it has only 6pin supplier for the VGA card while my card needs 2. Is it possible to buy a cable expansio so it will be 2 ? thanks

I guess the first one it will divide the power supply by 2 . so i think it will not work . but the second will work well :D

thanks a lot . i thought i was lost !

:D
All of the 12v power comes off the same rail in that PSU. Either adapter will work just fine.

you think with my PSU i will have problem supporting all my parts?

FX 6300
8gb RAM
1x SATA 3 HDD
Asus GTX260(old one )/ then i will put this one (GTX 750ti)

I am afraid that i am in the borderline regarding the PSU power :( not sure though

If you can run a 260 on it, you can run a 750 ti.

IMO, I think it is not enough, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
at first i had my doubts also and back in my old PC i have 550W psu . but most of the people here and in other forums suggested me to pick up CX430 so I bought the parts according people in this forum. I also calculated the power i need via some PSU calculators . like coolermaster's one .

Last edited:
I'd like to see at least a 500 watt psu, but at stock clocks my 7970 rig only pulls about 340 from the wall but yours should push it.

Tdp on fx6350 is 125w, tdp on gtx 260 is (oddly specific...) 182w. That's 307w. Throw in even 50w for the rest of it( high...) and you're still very much south of 430w. Couple that with nigh on impossible scenario of you maxing your gpu AND cpu at the same time.

Overclocking changes the game a bit, but I'd feel confident on a nice, stable overclock on that.

On a side note, I can't believe they only put one pcie connector on that thing, that's absurd nowadays

Back