• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

South Park Stick of Truth- what kind of game is it-should I buy it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

It's on sale for $13. It's a JRPG right?
Will I enjoy it if I am an avid SP fan? Iv'e seen every episode.

Please give me details about the game from those of you who have played it

not quite JRPG style, its got a final fantasy meets gauntlet style to it. its hard to explain.

it'd be a good $20 game but I'd probably buy it on a system over PC

I've got it and enjoy it... in terms of a quality turned base RPG game, it's not the best... not exactly a vast open world to explore. I however do enjoy it... why? Because it is really well done and made to look like a South Park episode, I am an avid fan and love all the references to different episodes. For $13, you can't go wrong!

I bought it last night at midnight and proceeded to stay up till 5am :eek:, it reminds me of the super mario rpg, but obviously South Park lol, i would fully recommend it for 13 bucks, add the DLC for 3 dollars too, its nice to have a little better gear right outta the gate.

I've switched over to the elves and am running around with Stan now.
How do I unfriend AL Gore? It's a mission I have. I can't figure out how to unfriend him.

That's part of the story, I'll just tell you that find him and manbearpig is involved.

If you want any further info I would recommend searching for a gamefaq/etc

I've switched over to the elves and am running around with Stan now.
How do I unfriend AL Gore? It's a mission I have. I can't figure out how to unfriend him.

Also don't try too soon or you'll get an a** whoopin.

im so tempted to get this now after reading this. Ive been very curious about how the game play. sounds like a hilarious game

The game is a lot of fun, it has the active combat system of games like costume quest and sort of JRPG-like. If you are a fan of South park you will like this game. If you don't care for SP I wouldn't recommend it.

Agreed. ONLY buy this if you have literally seen every south park so you will recognize every character and joke. If you like games like Final Fantasy and South Park this game is for you. Buy it on sale though. Not worth the full price and frankly not a LONG game either.

How do I defeat the giant nazi zombie fetus in the abortion clinic? It keeps sucking me with its cord and recharging its health. I can not fell the beast...

Maybe pick a different assisting character/helper?

Ive tried a couple. I can not down the monster. It keeps sucking my health with its umbilical and refilling its own. It just won't die. My friend claims he beat the game on hard without once losing a fight and only dying 2x in some "random traps". I think he's blowing smoke up my... you know...

I finally just broke down and watched a youtube vid. Apparently you had to kill the chord FIRST. Ahah! Now I've defeated the giant fetus successfully with trusty Butters (my fav SP character) at my side. I'm running around with Kyle for a while just for a change. I finally unlocked the Jesus summon. I didn't realize he was a summonable character until I saw yet another YT video. He won't help you against bosses though which is kinda lame.

Back