• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had to format, now video funkyness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so for some reason my bios settings started to change them selves and when I went to set them back it gave me a windows checksum error and its wrecked something so I had to start over.
now I am having issues with performance. I mean I was before that's why I checked my settings and noticed random bios changes.

so long story short I'm using 14.11.2 beta drivers in Win 7 64 bit I'm using a Gigabyte Windforce R9 270X and a MSI Twin Frozor 7870 in crossfire yes they work together
when I bought the R9 270X I popped it in, reinstalled the latest drivers at the time and then tweaked After burner so they both run the same speeds and it was a major boost. Warframe was regularly 200+ FPS with my personal settings (mostly high no depth of field or motion blur, distracting) now its been around 120FPS since the reformat

problem is one card is working as it should, the secondary card works at half mast, or less.
tried to tweak it in after burner and after burner isn't allowing me to overclock, tweak ect like it was before. voltage settings aren't available at all and I used them before to get 1200Mhz on the core of each with 2 bumps on voltage to make it stable on both I've tried both 4.0.0 and 2.2.2 of after burner. I think I was using 2.3.1 so I'm going to try that next with older drivers and see but any other ideas would be great.

edit:

ok I reinstalled 14.9 drivers and got some of it back.
I can overclock now but I cant adjust voltage. also when going fullscreen gpu burn in on after burner GPU2 is pegged at 99% while GPU1 is at about 80%.
I thought it was a scaling problem between the cards and their speed difference, brought them to the same speed (found some middle ground 1100/1300) but it persisted.

I tried other games and it was either the same 80%/99% or it was about 45%/45%....

I'm stumped...

Last edited:
BIOS checksum errors? Have you tryed clean flash of bios? Hope your not infected, those bios rootkits are nasty and from the looks of it you dont have secure boot on that mobo :(

Back