• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Amd FX-9590, HyperX FURY RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
QVL only means that the ram was tested to work on the board, it doesn't mean others will not. When push comes to shove most ram will run without issues. Though, we have seen issues with Kingston memory and AMD chips. I have a bunch of sticks that I run in my Fx rigs 4 sets of G. Skills, 1 set of Crucial and one set of Geils. All have run well except my G Skill snipers needed a little bit of finessing to get to run stable at 1866. Usually when a stick isn't playing nice it's because the Cpu Nb voltage needs a bump. Mine needs 1.35 Cpu Nb V to run my sticks stable at or above 1866.

I don't think I have ever had any good/working sticks of ram that I could not make run in a motherboard. Back when I worked for DFI all the cheapie dudes were buying Kingston Value ram kits and trying to use them on DFI board and gave most fits.

I had a guy that had a couple of sets of the Kingston Value ram send me 2 different model kits and his board and I sorted the stuff out. But if you don't know anything about ram you do not want to buy a pain in the butt. It is just too hard to try and teach ram tweaking with a keyboard. To me it is anyway.
RGone...ster.

I had a guy that had a couple of sets of the Kingston Value ram send me 2 different model kits and his board and I sorted the stuff out. But if you don't know anything about ram you do not want to buy a pain in the butt. It is just too hard to try and teach ram tweaking with a keyboard. To me it is anyway.
RGone...ster.
I feel that this is the most important point Gonester, I'm sure that pretty much any DDR3 ram will work. The issue is dealing with the hassle of getting it to work if it's not plug and play. I know even with my limited knowledge of overclocking roughly two years ago when I bought the Sniper 1866's and couldn't get them to run well, it was giving me fits. After 2 RMA's, even though it turned out it wasn't the sticks. I spent countless hours of tweaking and was finally was able to make them work. I know much more about tweaking ram now and it is relatively easy for me to get things working properly. That said, not many want to spend the time and do the research to figure out how to get Ram to work properly, when they're not plug and play. Nor as you said, is it easy to help someone fix issues caused by ram.

It's not any problem for me to poke around with ram to make it work if happens that I will have some problem, let's hope that I will not have. I have some knowledge regarding ram tweaking. When I was able to spent weeks overclocking cpu and fine tuning it, ram will not be exception if problem accure. What is important to me is that ram will definitely work on this board even if I need to tweak it a little bit then not to work at all on 1866mhz.

Witcher, from what I've seen with these Fx chips, a lot of time when trying to run ram @ 1866 or above. If one is having issues, it is usually because the Cpu Nb voltage is too low. I see a lot of boards where the BIOS sets it at 1.15 v which will likely work at 1600 Mhz without a problem but from my experience isn't enough for 1866 Mhz. Why it seems like it's Kingston sticks that are more often then not involved in the "HELLLPPPP" threads we see, I don't know. The majority of the time raising the Cpu Nb V to around 1.35 v will solve the issue.

Witcher, from what I've seen with these Fx chips, a lot of time when trying to run ram @ 1866 or above. If one is having issues, it is usually because the Cpu Nb voltage is too low. I see a lot of boards where the BIOS sets it at 1.15 v which will likely work at 1600 Mhz without a problem but from my experience isn't enough for 1866 Mhz. Why it seems like it's Kingston sticks that are more often then not involved in the "HELLLPPPP" threads we see, I don't know. The majority of the time raising the Cpu Nb V to around 1.35 v will solve the issue.

I think that my cpu nb is already set to 1.35v when I was oc-ing cpu. I was able to oc my current ram for about 150mhz with no issues when I was oc-ing cpu but returned it to default because 150mhz do not actally makes any difference.

We will see what will happens when I buy ram, now I thinking which is better kingston fury or black mamba because those two rams are only avaible for me regarding performance and qualty.

Hey W_69...gives us a link to where "you can" buy ram and let us see what they have available. No I cannot read the language but the ram models will be in english and the prices are known by what is larger than the other. Hehehe.

I don't have a clue which woudl be better ram > "hell hath no fury" or a "black mamba snake" being after my skinny butt. And especially n0t when you say will work even if needing tweaking. Heck most of us would never buy either of those two brands/models. So we are not going to have any real-world experience.
RGone...ster.

The only thing I se that might be an issue is the height of the heatspreader. check the cooler on yours now and see if the fan and ram are clear of each other. Typically those speaders like that will slide out if necessary.

Man most of this ram when checked by part number is sold from Russia to Australia but not in the Usa. But I found an actual buyer of this on Amazon UK that put up the specs in understandable english and it seems very very close to some good GSkill ram I have. Because it has two spec'd voltages. One low 1.5V at DDR3-1600 and another at 1.65V and DDR3-2133. I would say just about exactly the specs of my more nearly performance oriented GSkill DDR3-2133. It would be my personal choice if available. I don't like the tall heatspreaders but if they would fit in your system...this is what I would get since you have so few choices. There are some pretty well known Corsair kits on that site but more money for sure.
GEIL GOC38GB2133C10ADC 88.51 €

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/geil...corsa-goc38gb2133c10adc/comp_comp_ram/81/1848

RGone...ster.

Ya I have a 16Gb 1600 kit that never gives me headaches no matter what I put it with. I've had Gel before and it's pretty forgiving that way.

Sadly that ram is not avaible at the moment and I do not think that would fit because of a tall heatsink. It collides with cooler. In the first slot definitely cannot be putted and in a second maybe barely.

Well in most AMD boards it's the #2 and 4 slots that are recommended for two stick. Your selection is pretty limited there that's for sure.

Yes, that is the place where my current modules are. Kingston is very popular in my country because most of the people here never tried another manufacturer and therefore there is a little demand for other manufacturers. Patriot is also out of the picture because he is also not available, my selection got even more limited.:(

Back