• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nothing worse than an overclocking competition that frowns on overclocking :censored:

For me "no clock cap" categories have no point when benchmark is limited to 1 thread. 2-3 guys will make results on cold and grab 1st spots without even trying to tweak anything while others will try everything but since they're limited to air/water then will be on the bottom of the list. What's the point to even start something like this ? I mean no cap will kill all the fun of competing. I saw it many times when someone was bringing high LN2 result and others saw no point to even post anything.

Basing on tweaks made on lower clock you can always bump vcore and cpu ratio and make good result for hwbot or something else.

5GHz is not bad but sadly all my current rigs have limits of ~4.7GHz :p

5GHz is not bad but sadly all my current rigs have limits of ~4.7GHz :p

You know you'd have a lot more fun if you'd just stop breaking your toy Woomack :D

:facepalm:

lmao ....... its all good, i just suck at this bench, raw MHz is my only chance :escape:

See it'll be good for you too Witchy. You have a month to make it work and you'll need it.

Cool, so what is the clock max ?

@ Woomack, you have to have something laying around that will do 5 Ghz ???

if not, possibly make max clocks around 4.5 / 4.7 ish

Too late Witchy, I already updated the original post. 5.0 it is. I'm sure most of the posters here ca at least get close to 5.0
In AMD land it's different A PII will likely beat a 5.0 FX at 4.5 so some creativity might work here as well.

I should be able to get some runs this weekend hopefully. I'll be laid up and drugged from surgery so why not. lol

Another good thing about the 5GHz cap, the current HWBot Country Cup is SPi32M w/ a 5003MHz cap :)

Nice. I think I should be able to do some decent runs at 5GHz without having to go out to the garage for the cold air.

Cool, so what is the clock max ?

@ Woomack, you have to have something laying around that will do 5 Ghz ???

if not, possibly make max clocks around 4.5 / 4.7 ish

All that I have now will make 5GHz on cold only. 5820K will barely reach 5GHz on ss/dice. Pentium is working weird and will need cold to reach 5GHz or more. For 3770K I have no board anymore. 4930K is in my daily rig and would need cold to make 5GHz too. All other haswells were sold as I got RMA replacements and were overclocking worse than I wish anyway.
Right now I have 2x 5820K ( one in my brother's pc ) , 1x 4930K , 1x Pentium G2020, 1x degraded Pentium G3258 , 1x 3770K without free board and some old stuff that are not even worth to bench.

I can't help but think of this Woomack. You with your new toys.

I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and pat him and pet him and rub him and caress him

bugs-and-snowman.jpg

:D

I wanted to try one more 4690K or 4790K but ended up with 5820K which at the end went to my brother's pc. In this way I could sell 2x DDR3 kits and Z77 board. I just don't want to spend money right now as I won't have time for any benching on cold for next 3-4 weeks ( and I don't have money anyway what can be even bigger problem than time ). I have no idea when will be released new Intel CPUs but probably in the middle of 2015 ... for sure I won't be able to wait so long ...

You're up there Witchy, still not bad for a laptop.

Back