• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not to bad. I still have some work to do on it. I still have a ways to catch your best, but I'm hopefull. Trying some other DDR2.

EDIT: Manny there's an error in you top 6000+sub on the bot. You may want to edit your memory details. You have DDR3 listed but it's actually DDR2.

Last edited:
Not to bad. I still have some work to do on it. I still have a ways to catch your best, but I'm hopefull. Trying some other DDR2.

EDIT: Manny there's an error in you top 6000+sub on the bot. You may want to edit your memory details. You have DDR3 listed but it's actually DDR2.
Fixed, maybe I'll hook that 6000+ back up to the cold and see what I can really do now. Running this bench with a 5.0 cap has taught me a lot about tweaking it. :thup: Plus I bought a few sets of really nice DDR2 benching ram :D

The key to Windsor's is 'cool'. They all run hot as hell.
Hang onto your Windsor's BTW, CP will be having a contest very soon and you'll be needing one. ;)

Classic Platform’s 2015 Spring Classic

The competition is open to all interested, the challenge is to use both AMD & Intel CPUs with long established benchmarks, possibly winning a prize or two, hopefully having a little fun and definitely meeting like minded benchers.

Each bench will have an Intel and AMD submission for a minimum total of ten.
Sum of the five best AMD and Intel submissions determines bencher’s ranking / placement.

The long time between the posting of the competition and the start is to allow those interested lacking the needed hardware time to procure same.

Permitted CPUs

AMD
Brisbane, Orleans, Santa Ana & Windsor (Socket AM2) – Any Socket 939

Intel
Conroe, Allendale and their Xeon equivalents (Sockets 775 & 771)

Benches

PiFast
SuperPi 1m
SuperPi 32m
wPrime 32m
wPrime 1024m

Mother Board Limits

None

Cooling Limits

None

Run time

00:00:00 EST, March 1, 2015 – 24:00:00 EST, April 4, 2015

Rules / Restrictions

Member Classic Platform’s Forum
Benches, HWBot Standard
Screen Shots, HWBot Standard w/ Competition Back Ground (Back Ground Will Be Posted February 28, 2015)
Must Compete In All Ten Benches To Be Considered To Select Prizes
No Posting Of Comments / Questions In The Competition Thread, A Discussion Thread Will Be Provided

Prizes

Prizes Awarded For 1st Through 5th places
(More prizes will be added as sorted and checked for functionality)
(Total number of hardware picks per bencher ranking will be determined once all the prizes have been added)

Mother Boards;
A: Asus P5W DH Deluxe (Post)
B: Asus P5W DH Deluxe (Post)
C: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe (Post)
D: Raspberry Pi, Model B, w/ 8GB Kingston SD, Power Supply, Case & Heat Sinks [4]

CPUs;
A: Core 2 Duo, E6320 (SLA4U) E6550 (SLAAT) E6600 (SL9S8)
B: Athlon 64, 3 x ADA3700DAA5BN, 2 x (KACAE), 1 x (KAB2E) [2]
C: Pentium Dual Core, 3 x E2180 (SLA8Y)
D: Core 2 Duo, E6550 (SLA9X) E6600 (SL9ZL) E6750 (SLA9V)
E: Athlon 64, ADH164BIAA4DP (HAA9G), Athlon 64 X2, ADA3800IAA5CU (LDB4F), ADA4200IAA5CU (LEDBF)
F: Intel, 486 DX2 66, Pentium 100, PII Slot 1 450, Not Tested

RAM;
A: PC2-8000, 1 Pair, G-Skill F2-8000CL5D-2GBPK, 2.0-2.1v
B: PC2-6400, 2 Sticks, Crucial Ballistix, BL6464AA804.8FD3
C: PC2-6400, 1 Pair, Patriot PDC22G6400LLK, 2.1v
D: PC1-3200, 3 Sticks, Corsair CMX-3200XL XMS3208v1.1
E: PC1-3200, 2 Sticks, Kingston KHX4000/512R, new, in display packaging

Video Cards;
A: ATI FireGL V5100 128MB PCIe
B: 3dfx Voodoo2 8mb PCI w/ cable, to be used in conjunction with 2D video card [1]

Miscellaneous;
A: RAID Controller, Dell (PERC) 5/i w/ RAM, 256MB, 1R x 16 PC2-3200R (Qimonda) [2]
B: CPU Water Block, Koolance, CPU-300-V10 (Sockets 462, 478 & 370) [3]
C: GPU Water Block, Swiftech, MCW60-T [3]

Notes
(Post) MB posted, complete history not known
[1] Complete functionality at retirement, climate controlled storage, Not Tested
[2] Ebay purchase, never used
[3] Retail purchase, open box, never used
[4] If requested will format & install NOOBS, if not, formatted only

Shipping is limited only by US restrictions

Ya I saw that Scotty. I don't have any Intel's to beat up on otherwise I'd already be preparing for it. With Xmas in just a few days I can't even pickup a nice mobo cpu combo.

Maybe I'll win some money this weekend.

Plenty of time bra. ;)
Nice Scotty, I have a few 939's and AM2's I can run, though I doubt I'll keep up with the guys going DICE/LN2 though it will be fun.

QFT! I found this out on my 6000+, I thought it was done at 3.6 Ghz I couldn't get it any higher on ambient water, when I was finally able to get it cold, around -6c I was able to get it near 3.8 for benching and I subbed a 3810 Cpu-Z.

Hang onto your Windsor's BTW, CP will be having a contest very soon and you'll be needing one. ;)

I checked that out the other day Scotty, guess it would give me an excuse to get some 939 stuff. I sold all mine before I discovered how much fun this can be.
Some good runs there guys, scores are updated.

New team Top score with my 3800+ X2 Windsor. Sorry TechTweaker. Still improving on it and will post results later on.

:D

LOL Scotty I've been eyeballing yours' and Jon's sub's, but I'll need some better Ram if I want to even come close to those. The truth is I was surfing thru eBay yesterday looking for DDR2 1066 ram. I found a couple decent kits, but it's gonna have to wait til after the new year.

It's amazing that the price of good DDR2 is still as high as it is. I only have a couple mediocre sets of DDR2. I really need a killer set. Just haven't found one yet.

PolRoger / 4790K / H2O / 6m 12.903sec

i7-4790K SuperPi  1024M 6-12-903.PNG

I've been trying/testing some different settings... Memory multi and timings, etc... But so far I haven't been able to get better efficiency then with something similar to this.

nice one:thup: ... I'm too lazy to make anything better :p , I was thinking to try something on dice with much higher cache clock but I runned out of time and dice

Silver_Pharaoh / i5-3570K / Air/ 7m 39s 992ms

Meh, not bad I suppose. :)

7.39.992.PNG

Last edited:
Back