• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My cousins picking up her daughters laptop tonight after work. Sadly, I'll be stuck in last place on the bot for infinity. :rain:

Hey rog if you right click that pic in XP you can make it your background. I know it's a pain but it needs to be open like that first.
Great time no matter how the pic looks.

what RAM you have ?

Gskill Ripjaw X 12800CL9 - They are only supposed to do 11-11-11-28 at 800Mhz ,but they are doing 9-9-9-24 1T at 800Mhz, gonna see if I can run em a little higher, but I gotta figure out the bios on these Haswell chips. I am coming from S1155 i7-860, so these new bios are a little confusing for me.

That 9-9-9-24 is probably the XMP on those sticks at 1.5v the cl11 is likely the default bios setup. Even the name says they're CL 9 sticks. I'm sure if you up the voltage they'd likely do that at 1866 without too much issue

Hey rog if you right click that pic in XP you can make it your background. I know it's a pain but it needs to be open like that first.
Great time no matter how the pic looks.

I've got W7-64bit on that setup and for some reason I'm getting an error when I try to save a picture to background. :shrug: I turned off aero and was running classic as I thought it might help along with disabling some of the other resources with task manager.

That 9-9-9-24 is probably the XMP on those sticks at 1.5v the cl11 is likely the default bios setup. Even the name says they're CL 9 sticks. I'm sure if you up the voltage they'd likely do that at 1866 without too much issue

Yeah, just tried that. In order for me to get 1866 I had voltages at 1.6 V but I had to raise speeds to 11-11-11-28 just to boot. SPI kept throwing errors. Round numbers, etc....

Gonna try it again, but I think my ram is the weak link.

Yeah Quickfast, those are them.

I have tried a bunch of combos.

Up 10 1.65V

1866 | 11-11-11-28 2T (Runs SPI with errors)
1866 | 10-10-10-27 2T (Won't boot)

1800 | 11-11-11-28 2T (Runs SPI Slower than lower speed tighter timings)
1800 | 10-10-10-27 2T (Won't boot)

1600 | 9-9-9-24 1T (Best times)
1600 | 8-8-8-22 1T (Won't boot)

I guess I could lower the speed and tighten the timings, but I don't think I would see much improvement, if any.

I also have some Mushkin (PSC) sticks that I was looking for today as well... But it seems I have misplaced them.
Good lord man you may want to find them Muskins, the PSC's seems to be highly coveted!

@ Brutal-Force reading some reviews on that kit people not having much luck overclocking them

try 1600 - 9-8-8-24 1t \ 1866 - 10-9-9 -24 1t @1.6 volts

Good lord man you may want to find them Muskins, the PSC's seems to be highly coveted!

After doing some more research on the subject, discovered with G. Skill sticks that the IC code for PSC sticks is 1040.

If you have that as your IC code on the sticks you have, that what they are. Turns out I had two sets of these, one set I honestly though was a crap set and had them in this everyday PC for about 2 yrs plugging away at 1333MHz since it seemed they just woudn't go earlier.
It's also nice that the mentioned set happens to be a set of PI sticks (PC 12800 / 6-8-6-24) just like my good RipjawsX sticks of the same exact specs. The other set of Ripjaws like my good set is also rated with the same specs BUT it's not PSC and these won't clock anything like these two sets will.
I'll say I bought these new at the same time and they have a Aug 11 date on them.

now this is personal :p

btw. I have the same G.Skill/PSC kit and it likes more IB or AMD FX than Haswell. At least on other platforms it's easier to run it at tighter timings.

Woomack / 5820K / H2O / 6m 12.969sec

..-12.969... :thup:
________
...=0.621... :eh?:

So close and yet it seems... Still so far... :rain:

I think you can beat me without bigger problems. I already reached 5004MHz, tightest possible timings and max benchable voltages.

Back