• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wish to see Kabini @4GHz+ :) clock to clock should easily beat any other AMD and probably reach something close to at least SB/IB.
Thanks for the answer Woomack. I agree, the Kabini is a decent core with a good IPC and even without L3 cache it kick butt. I'm hoping this is a sign of AMD's direction in CPUs. Given another 1.5 yrs for speed and design improvements it could be the next INTEL shaker. Well fingers crossed anyway.

It would be nice to see Intel take a little heat for a change

It sure would Witchy, they've been at the top too long and need a bit of a shake up.

Here's another one I did last night still dialing in speeds

Johan45/ AMD 1090T / H20/ 14m 26.719s

pi 14 26.719.JPG

I realize this Metal bu this isn't HWBot and I don't think Peanut is subbing to the bot. This is for fun and I won't discourage new benchers based on OS, if this was someone like you or Witchdoctor that would be a bit different. If P_B is going to use his account at HWBot then the rules are a must and I appreciate you making him aware of them.
I don't mean any disrespect MetalRacer, I do realize the marathon rules are based off of HWBot rules. But in some instances we can be a bit lenient IMO.

Last edited:
I tried BDC on this apu, does nothing at all.
it's strange that I even had a copy of it on one of my storage drives, I have no fx around anywhere......

I was worth a shot C_D. Too bad really I'm sure it could use it.
Ah the good ole days Eh, it must be kind of like finding an old picture laying around Ha ha

Made a few more improvements on speed and ram
Johan45/ AMD 1090T @ 4853 / H20 / 14m 14.578s

pi 14 14.578.JPG

Last edited:
Im sure this has been asked a million times but why is intel so much faster a superpi than AMD?

I will resubmit a new run but there is no way im going to go buy windows 7 for $100 just to bench for fun.

I will resubmit a new run but there is no way im going to go buy windows 7 for $100 just to bench for fun.
I don't think you should have to just to participate, this is for fun and learning.

Im sure this has been asked a million times but why is intel so much faster a superpi than AMD?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise
Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial.
Straight from Microsoft.

You do need to register for an MS account (my test/spam outlook.com account works) and give them some info (name email address) but yeah, it's the proper way to get the trial.

Also appears Microsoft will be contacting you during the 90 trial for feedback and stuff.....

I realize this Metal bu this isn't HWBot and I don't think Peanut is subbing to the bot. This is for fun and I won't discourage new benchers based on OS, if this was someone like you or Witchdoctor that would be a bit different. If P_B is going to use his account at HWBot then the rules are a must and I appreciate you making him aware of them.
I don't mean any disrespect MetalRacer, I do realize the marathon rules are based off of HWBot rules. But in some instances we can be a bit lenient IMO.

Don't get upset I'm just pointing out the rules of the competition. :) Maybe xsuperbgx can make a judgment call on it?

I don't care if he runs it on 5.1, bench it!!!!!

I really do miss my fx and phenom stuff, I was on the phone with the prison warden tonight and was just aching to ask him to release one of my crosshairs and 1090t, just for.........you know............one of those visits...................

Yep nice run bassnut , puts you in #1 spot :thup:

Unless he's using cold to jack his ram or NB I call BS on that one !

Callin me out eh? :fight: :D

Yes it took some cold on the entire system to make that happen - It also helps that temps outside have been good as of late but not over the last few days. As stated, my stuff is outdoors (The shack) all the time with whatever ambient temps are out there when I do a run. If it's nice and cold out, that's prime time for me to get busy.
I just turn it on, fire up the blowers and let it sing.

Here's my best at it so far..... Done in said cold outdoor temps with the blowers and all going.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2650491_

Back