• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding GPU. Nvidia & AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I have too many cards and not enough machines. I'm gonna have to mix GPUS on one machine.

Can I fold with Nvidia 460 1 GB and AMD 7970 on the same machine?

I want to say I seen it done the other way, with NVidia as the primary. Its been a long time since I have seen it tho, but want
to say if I recall correctly, and I may be wrong, but it had something to do with the NVidia card only loading as a physics card if it
was secondary. I don't see why you cant mix and match them tho.

Best way to find out tho, would be trial and error.

I don't think that's going to work, what driver would you use, the native windows driver?????
if you get it to work let us know, I'll go get my 770 and throw it in here with my 7970.

I think you will be ok. I've had AMD / Nvidia cards in a system at the same time. Even able to mine on both of them. The driver issue that came up a while back was Nvidia not letting you use an AMD card for PhysX if I remember right. You won't want to use PhysX while folding anyway.

Back