• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about making custom PC case from scratch.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

I have a question about making custom PC case from scratch.

Normally, the PC cases that are made form PC case manufacturer have "electromagnetic wave" proof and tested for EMI stuffs, right?

If above is correct, when we/I make custom PC case from scratch, how do we suppose to do "electromagnetic wave" proof?

If my question isn't something that isn't even questionable question, just ignore this.

Thanks in advance for reading this.

I wouldn't worry about that at all. EM is not an issue. You can find many instance of people making full plexi cases. Others worry about grounding but that's all done by the power supply through your mains.

Build out of wood, metal, plastic, whatever. You'll be fine.

P.S. Don't forget to post your work log so we can follow your progress. Call it tech Pr0n.

@ don256us:
Thanks for reply.

Oh, ok, cool.

P.S. I was just wanted to know about them for the "Future" reference. For now, I'm not sure if I will do it or not. But, I'm currently researching about creating custom PC Case from scratch.

EMI can be an issue but often not a very serious one.

Im working on a maple case right now. its been hard getting time to do much work, I have no intention of halfassing it.

not really. EMI interference is rarely any serious issue, if it is an issue you should probably be more concerned with the level of EM radiation on you

The store brought cases are just sheet metal, theirs nothing special about them. These come from China, "electromagnetic wave" proof and tested for EMI", do you really think they care.

Back