• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A4 6300 mobo and case suggestion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Hey guys, would like some input if anyone has experience. Got an A4 6300 for 24.99$ (thanks black friday!) , and would like a micro atx mother board with it. It will be purely an HTPC. All is sorted except for the case and mother board.

Specs are irrelevant, 2 slots of ram is a-ok, must have a video output for the APU. Ideally the cheapest solution that wont break down would be ideal. I have zero experience with FM2 mother boards, so I was hoping someone could chime in with an unsung hero. As for the case, small, sleek, something that wont draw attention (i.e. no led's or flashy design).

On the cuff, MSI A78M-E45 Micro ATX FM2+ is what im eyeballing here. Another option seems to be the Asus A78M-E mother board.

The fractal design core 1100 seems to fit the bill? If theres one that comes with an "OK" power supply, thatd be great too.

That looks pretty sleek. My concern is I thought itx mobos for amd were terrible?

Back