• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a bad Asus ROG mobo. (Maximus IV link in notes)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_IV_EXTREME/

Moved from VA to UT. (Army move Free at last!!)

Last thign the movers packed was my 2500.00 baby. Self built, was one of the best i could build for gaming and everything inbetween.

When I plugged it in here in Utard land, I get a post error. Googling the error gives me 1 of 3 options. Dead CPU, Bad Ram. Or Bad video card.

I've got an I5 system with all the same socket types so I spent some time swapping parts. None of the above are bad. Only other option would be the motherboard itself.

The board will be 3 years old from date of purchase (MicroCenter in VA/Fairfax county.)
I do still (maybe) have the box the board came in, but nothing else.

I've read that the RMA process is a pain the ***.

I dont even know if I can RMA it after 3 years.

What would you suggest I do?
The thing cost me 350.00 bucks...

being an RoG board, it might have a 5 year warranty. Worse comes to worst, just give them an email.

being an RoG board, it might have a 5 year warranty. Worse comes to worst, just give them an email.

Yep jsut got the response. Without my original Proof of Purchase I can not RMA it. Holy **** that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Does it not say ASUS on the damn thing?
why the hell do they care if I have a proof of purchase. Who keeps that **** after 3 years? lemmy rephrase that. Whos WIFE lets them hang onto every box and scrap of paper they have from every computer part they ever bought. I'd have an entire room filled with this garbage.

Last anything I get from Asus. (as I type this on an Asus laptop....)

on the other hand XFX will always have my business. I got a burned out modified Video card from my brother that he had overclocked the hell out of, sent it back, and got a brand new one from them. No box, no original nothing. It was enough that the thing said XFX on it.

I'm not familiar with Micro Center, but it could be possible to get a proof of purchase from them. Most stores these days keep sales records for years. Maybe try explaining your situation from being in the military and they might help you out. Worth a shot.

yea, can't blame Asus here, they have no idea, you could be the third owner of that board

Agree that the only recourse is to call Micro Center and beg, or shell out for a new board

Bright side is you can pick up another one for $150~ used. Bad part is, spending money :/

Back