• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCC trying to send me 14.10.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tokae

I thought I noticed this before but I had closed the window without paying much attention. But last night the auto update window for CCC popped up again and its saying 14.10 is available for download, yet on the amd.com site I only still see 14.9.

*confused*

EDIT: currently I am using 14.9 also...

You must have gaming evolved installed. I don't use AMD a whole lot but is it set to notify you of Betas?
Nice to see another Canadian on her. I'm not all that far away from you.

Hey Johan!

I would have to check yeah about the gaming evolved thing. I usually only install the driver and ccc (along with whatever they force you to install). It just seems weird that they would push a beta. Anyway perhaps I will let it download next time and check it out! Oh and GO LEAFS! :p

I did let Nvidia install their GForce experience this time on my HTPC just to see what it does and effects it might have and the first thing it did was want me to update my driver?? I checked AMDs site and their current Beta is 14.11 so maybe 14.10 has WHQL but hasn't been updated on their site yet? Don't know.
Either way I don't usually update a driver unless I need to. There's likely a setting in the software to disable auto update features.

I dont usually update unless I have an issue either, but COD: AW apparently didn't like 14.4 so I went ahead with the 14.9. Yeah I wasn't too concerned but I just thought it was weird that is was trying to send out a driver that is not listed on their site. :)

I always turn off Auto Update!I let the dodo's sort out the issues before I update :D

I hear that!

I never use it, and it should be disabled for me. I normally stay a revision back and when I do update its the classic 3 reboot process (remove, driver sweeper, install).

I hear that!

I never use it, and it should be disabled for me. I normally stay a revision back and when I do update its the classic 3 reboot process (remove, driver sweeper, install).
That right there is why I stick to NVidia, I swear everytime I try to do anything with AMD GFX drivers it breaks my computer :screwy:

Hey I have seen a ton of problems with nVidia's auto updater also! Either way, manually updating seems to be the best always.

I always do it manually, just seems I have issues when it comes to AMD, Do the sweeps etc. safe mode and something like the CCC just wont open so I can't even stet the scaling. What is that all about anyway? Why would it always come out as underscan?

Scaling seems to happen for me only with HDMI setups. No idea why though. :( Typical AMD awesomeness! lol. I rarely have issues nowadays though with drivers from AMD installing. The only real issue lately is how behind they seem to be with their releases. Oh well.

Back