• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Successful? FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Help me overclock!

Ok guys, finally got my new build together and everything is currently at stock.

AMD FX 6300 with CoolerMaster Evo Cooler

Gigabyte 970A-D3P

8gb Gskill Sniper Memory

Evga Geforce GTX 750Ti

Seagate 1TB Sata

Like I said, currently everything is at stock. Looking to to run my system in a safe range but getting the most I can out of it.

Help appreciated!

great!!!
please go into bios, under advanced cpu config, disable all that stuff like c6, c1e, svm, just all that stuff.
in oc tweaker, or whatever your board calls it, disable turbo core and load line calibration.
reboot, open cpuid, one copy of each tab, open hardware monitor, screen shot it, post it then run 30 mins of p95, screen shot it while still running and post that.

that's ok it's a slow night here anyway and i am putting one together myself.

Seems Welcome to the forum is in order...

...:welcome:

This is where Caddi Daddi is leading.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Thanks Rgone, we need to do this all at base clocks so we get a baseline, once we get our green stuff off and our basic settings in you will save it as a bios profile.

Sorry guys for the delay in getting this up. Been real busy lately. Here are my base lines as well as my current settings in the BIOS. Please let me know if anything needs changed. As of now, basically sitting stock. Ran Prime95 for 20min and took snapshot of HWmonitor. Let me know next steps :)

cpu1.jpg

cpu2.jpg

cpu3.jpg

hardware2.jpg

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

With the help of members on this forum, I dove into overclocking again on my new machine. I "think" I did everything correctly LOL.

Set FSB to 216mhz
CPU multi is 20x
Equals 4.3ghz
Vcore set to 1.380
LLC set to Medium
Idle temps 25-27C
Prime 95 temps 50-51C

Did a Prime 95 test for 30 min. with no errors. Will be doing a two hour one.

I was looking for a good strong - modest overclock. Nothing to crazy and I think this one seems pretty stable and substantial gain in performance.

The only thing that I noticed on CPU-Z is that when at idle, Vcore reads 1.380v and then under load, it rises to 1.4v. I am assuming this is the LLC bumping the voltage during high load times?

Any input appreciated.

4.3cpu.jpg

4.3cpu2.jpg

4.3cpu3.jpg

4.3HWmonitor.jpg

Man if you like it and it is passing at least 2 hours of P95 Blend mode without the TMPIN2 going higher than 70c-ish and the Package temp does not go higher than 62c during a 2 hour run of P95 Blend then you are golden and we are glad for you man.
RGone...ster

EDIT:
By the way there is no reason to start another thread when talking about overclocking the same system you posted about just a few days ago.
END EDIT.

Man if you like it and it is passing at least 2 hours of P95 Blend mode without the TMPIN2 going higher than 70c-ish and the Package temp does not go higher than 62c during a 2 hour run of P95 Blend then you are golden and we are glad for you man.
RGone...ster

EDIT:
By the way there is no reason to start another thread when talking about overclocking the same system you posted about just a few days ago.
END EDIT.

Noted. Actually had forgot I started that thread a few days ago.

Mods, can you merge if possible?

Back