• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q about wifi antennas, slow wireless, etc, etc, etc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Water DEFINITELY interferes with ALL forms of radiation. That's not debateable. The "amount" (whether appreciable or not) sure is. You'd need a mighty big fish tank right in the way I would imagine.

Sounds like he has concrete walls to me. That or he's living on the first floor of an old apartment

14th floor.

Archer you're wired man

And wireless:)

Srsly. I also have a secondary (private) wireless/wired network in the play/game room for lan party sessions. No internet access for this one though.

Crap I forgot the daughters home school puter:)

Office:
Gaming Rig (8350 with dual 660TIs in SLI)
LAN Rig (mini ITX build with 370K & 650TI)
Infrastructure ESXi host (AM1 5350 with 16GB ram) runs Router, vCenter server, & domain controller
2x LAB ESXi hosts (Phenom II 965, 32GB ram, (1 with 4x 4TB drives for virtual file server)) Runs my lab and every day hosted machines
Shared Storage (Atom D510 with 8GB ram & Areca ARC-1210 (4x 500GB WD Black drives attached))
Work Laptop (HP Elitebook 8470W)

Living Room:
HTPC (amd a6-6400)
Personal Laptop (HP Elitebook 8540W)
Girlfriend's gaming Laptop (Asus G75VW)

Bed room:
HTPC (Dell optiplex with core2)
Girlfriend's Tablet (Asus Transformer Prime TF201)
My Tablet (Asus Transformer TF101)

Son's room:
Gaming PC (Phenom II 940 with 550Ti)
HTPC (AMD X2 5000, 2GB ram running XBMCbuntu)
Nexus 7 tablet

Living room
Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT 25529 KONG (setup as AP-WDS)

Intel Atom D525mw
2gb of ram
Windows 7 64bit
90gb SSD

Intel E5200 Pentium dual core
Asrock G31m-s
2gb of ram
250gb hdd

The Management (my bedroom)
Netgear R6250 (setup as AP-WDS STATION)
its main purposes are SAMBA, FTP, MiniDLNA, and bridging my two computers (screw wifi adapters).

GAK-COREi
Intel Corei5 3570k (4.6ghz)
Asrock Extreme 4 z77
AMD radeon R9 280x by sapphire dual x
1tb hdd
250gb hdd
8gb ram
750 watt PSU
NZXT source 210 case

GAK-CORE2
Core 2 Duo e8400 (4ghz)
Biostar TP45HP
Geforce 8400 (its my spare tire atm. will upgrade later)
64gb SSD
2gb of ddr2-800 memory (set at 667mhz overclocked to 867mhz)
750watt psu
Open PC Bench

Girls Room
Acer Aspire one Laptop running linux lite. uses a wifi bb deca to connect it to the internet.

Hisense flat screen TV with built in Netflix.

Is there not a wifi router that is good in high interference areas?

Doesn't matter, the interference is on the receiving end (your computer).

Running cables is the sensible choice, but if you run them too long you will need some sort of signal amplifier in-line.

Why would you upgrade from a 30Mbps modem, to 60Mbps... then settle for 30Mbps ?!

Last edited:
I have Ethernet cables running over the carpet to my room :p

A lot of young bucks would not think of this but if someone trips over those cables and hurts themselves they might sue you. This is particularly relevant if you have elderly visitors. If I must run cables accross the floor like that I secure them along their length with duct tape.

A lot of young bucks would not think of this but if someone trips over those cables and hurts themselves they might sue you. This is particularly relevant if you have elderly visitors. If I must run cables accross the floor like that I secure them along their length with duct tape.

To be precise, the first part is hidden under the carpet near the wall, only the last section (the aisle leading to my room) is over the carpet. And no, I don't have many non-regular guests going to my room ;)

An option, if necessary.
Don't want to be stepping right on those cables. Not just a trip hazard, but it's the fastest way to break them down.

D-2_Rubber_Duct_Cord_Cover.jpg

Merged around 4 of your threads... please get your thoughts together first to combine very similar subjects... Its best for everyone involved.

Thanks.

How does what PC equipment a forum member has, have to do with poor WiFi signals?

The thread now looks like a jumbled mess of multiple topics just thrown together randomly.

Don't mess with ma' threads brah. THey're seperate because they're seperate subjects. You're not helping me. Plus the forum is dead. More threads=better.

No, more threads is not better.

More QUALITY threads is better.

Three were not separate subjects... one was. That was my fault, as I said.

Because the forum is dead doesn't give you free reign to create many similar thread subjects as possible. Your wifi speed, and reception should have been in the same thread.

I know other forums I visit have a lull as well (TPU, OCN, [H]). As was discussed in some thread about this already... there simply isn't anything being released or out. X99 isn't for mainstream, the new Nvidia GPUs are gone for all intents and purposes... etc etc (see other thread that covers this in the forum feedback section).

EDIT: In fact, it was you that started that thread that has all the answers to the questions you just asked about forum traffic...:shrug: :screwy:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/751885-Damnit-Jim-she-s-dead!

Linus forum is a little more...well... not niche like we are. They are pretty elementary. What we do, there isn't a lot of us.

Last edited:
Back