• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterloop Outside System? Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyman98

How would i go about installing my waterloop outside my system, then leak test it for 24 hours, then install it into my system tomorrow? I dont want it leaking while im sleeping. Can/should it be done?

Well.. You could build it outside of your system.. but it is SO much easier to install it to the box, jump the 20+4 so your PSU turns on, put some towels down under the fittings, and let it run. The MoBo wont be on since the 20+4 is unplugged so there is no risk of electrical shortage if there IS a leak.

all you do is build the complete loop in the case, rads, fans, pump, blocks and tubes, no water in it, fit it and plumb it, pull it out as one piece, it might take a few trys or so but keep at it.
lay it out on the floor, fill the system, hook the psu up, jumper the psu, that info is found in the power supply section of these forums, and run the pump for a few hours.

No need to pulling it all out. Have some towels or shammies at every joint of the loop where if it were to leak that would be the spot and have nothing powered on other than the pumps.

Make sure you read the water cooling stickies on priming the pumps, bleeding the loop, maintenance requirements in the future and you're using the right liquids and have a biocide, etc and make sure you're not mixing aluminum.

what gtxjackbauer says will work just fine also, just use pure white paper towles and a strong flashlight when looking around inside the case. I just perfer to check mine outside the case when I can.

Back