• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have a link to your score you can post?

NVM about the link, I found a comparison of an FX6300 compared to a 1090T. There weren't too many submissions for the 1055 so I had to improvise. The result would likely be the same. The FX is clocked to 4.6 and the 1090 is at 3.9
http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/2282048/fs/2873251

Last edited by a moderator:
I will make tast result and link it so you can see for your self :) but im no way near the 10K +

BF engine already can use 8 threads.
Just want to correct something... yes, it can use 8 cores, but to what advantage? (Cliff Notes: Look at how the intel chips scaled from 4c to 4c/8t to 6c/12t It didn't - Look at the AMD 4100 to the 8350 4c to 8c - It didn't either outside of clockspeed differences you can see in the other graphs)

http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.

For example, the AMD FX-8350 had all eight of its threads allocated to BF4 with a total CPU utilization of around 60% in our benchmark. This is likely the reason why AMD's processors perform so well in this game, as the FX-8350 roughly matched the powerful Core i7 processors.

Last edited:
I will make tast result and link it so you can see for your self :) but im no way near the 10K +

I know but if you can get your CPU speed up to 3.8/3.9 without too much issue then you will be around the 10K mark. The Pii X6 beat the FX 6300 in all test even GFX tests with a 700 MHZ speed disadvantage. This is all I was trying to point out earlier. Just don't compare the Combined score since it's a bit skewed.

its not that bad :) but should i wait for a new cooler for it or just try to beat it up and see how temperatur goes a long? I cant remember the name of the cooler i got now (corsair with to fans and heatpipes) but my idle temp is around 40-45 C when clocked @ 3.2

Ahh , see I thought you had the H90 that's listed in your first post.

One other thing you may want to look at before your cooler arrives. Your case is that the full atx with the slanted fan in it? Judging by your idles temps you mentioned either your current cooler isn't very good at all or you need more air in the case. Those "quiet" cases tend to restrict air flow a bit.

Yep thats the one and got one mounted on the side to blow in both Cooler and gpu but graficscard is close the intake fan on cpu cooler thats why i whant to go on the water cooling i could reverse the cpu cooler and the top fan to intake that way, i doubt it will make much difference though... Will try it when i get the time.. Requires me to remove mobo to get it out.. :eek:)

Personally, if that GPU is that close to the side fan, I would consider turning it into an exhaust. The 290x is one hot card to start and you 're currently blowing that heat into the case. Getting good airflow in a case is a real trial and error kind of effort. That case has a baffle in it and a lot of HDD cages. I would try and arrange it to get the best front bottom to upper back flow as possible. Which may mean you'll need to add another fan it the front for intake and turn the cages if possible. Maybe even remove the vents in the top to allow less restricted airflow. You wan it to look like this if you could see it. This isn't your case but the principle is the same.

thermaltake_chaser_a31_black.jpg

That looks like my current layout, 2 intakes in the front top and back exhaust an the one intake in the side. My cpu cooler is mounted 90 degrees blowing towards the top fan, will take a pic to show you :)

Try turning that side fan around and see if it helps lower the temps

My cpu cooler is mounted 90 degrees blowing towards the top fan,
That is sucking hot air right off the top of that GPU friend. Have it point out to the rear is my suggestion. Then also play with that side panel fan and see what yields the best results.

It only fits that way, only thing i can do is to try turning it aroung 180. Thats the problem.. :(

I have seen others that do that as well, why they would make them that way is beyond me but they do. The old one size fits all isn't always working out for the best.

It sucks big time! Have to see if i can work some funny thing out until i get the new one..

Like I said I have seen a few like that now, usually only affects the AMD users as well. It's not likely there's much you can do aside from a customized bracket of some sort. What's the model of that cooler.

Back