• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cant remember the name other than its a corsair with 2 fans bought it ages ago...

I just figured you could read it on the cooler when you took that pic ?

That's funny I was just going to ask if that's what it was. Been googling you see.

Nah it's one of the ones that uses the AMD mount and just a small bracket with a lever, phloon's correct on AMD that's the way it attaches, in an up and down configuration.

Silly AMD mounting... :p

Yeah, you are stuck sucking in warm air off the top of that GPU with that cooler.

Silly AMD mounting... :p

Yeah, you are stuck sucking in warm air off the top of that GPU with that cooler.

That's quite often a problem in the AMD world, it's like we're just an afterthought to a lot of manufacturers

I am on flipping it aroundmaking top intake and reversing the cpu fan right now to see if it makes a difference

I flipped it all around did a test in 3dmark to get a hint on temps at stock clock, it has an average temp 36.5 C not bad, given the configuration.. Or is it way off?

The best way to get a good sense of temps is by running Prime95 , 3Dmark isn't very hard o a CPU at all. It really only has 1 test that really works the CPU and I can run it much higher than my "stable" clock.

3dmark physx tests kick your cpu in the teeth but only for around 30 seconds. Vantage in particular is rougher than 11 or 3dmark(fire strike). Those sit behind cinebench for me as.toughest to pass.

I been reading on ram, i have 16 gb 1333 on 4 sticks, but i have 8 gb 1600 on 2 sticks, and the phenom aint to happy over the 1600 mhz should i replace the 4 sticks?
Or am i way of here? Been reading that its nonsense with 16 gb for gaming..

16 gigs is a little much to game with but, 16 gigs is fine if you already own it.
phenom and 1600 ram is where you want to be, you can clock it up some but around 1700 is where the ipc will give up on you.
in game memory gaines you very little to nothing over 4 gigs and 1333.

Back