• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think i need to go on the 1600's i cant get higher than 3.2 without it restarts on me. cooling dosnt seem to bee a problem unless it misreads temps. it drops when being tested in prime95 avg. at about 25 degrees C, when its idle with a browser open it's all the way up to 45 degrees C, what settings should i use for testing in prime?

Will try to beat the life out of this one first it is my first oc so might as well try it before kicking my wallet in the nuts! ;)
I think the ram is blocking me for going further as i have 4x4 dimms at 1333Mhz, have 2x4 at 1600 also but need to get a new cooler first..

Will i get anything with voltage tweaks?

Last edited:
As i read around the net its not a bad CPU still keeps up some rep so killing it would be dumb ;) And i fell over the words 2 sticks are better then 4 sticks or did i missunderstand someshing?

no way man the x6 is a bottleneck for your 290, you should get at least an 8320 and oc you can pick them up cheap now man....

You might want to do some more reading on that. The 1055T will haul right along with the 8320 till you start to get into the higher OC's at which point you need to spend quite a bit more money on cooling it making that an impractical choice for the OP right now.

I can get to 3.23 before it gives up on me, temp isnt the problem as i is avg around 25 degrees, is it my ram thatgives up on me? Wattage on the cpu never go over 90 at any point, anyone have a hint on whats could be wrong if its not the ram?

I have removed 8 gigs of ram and disabled both spread spectrums, have no volts tweaked, and is currently at 3.41.
Is AMD Overdrive reliable in terms of temps or is there a software for this?

I am doing it in bios, jusr reading temps in AMD Overdrive, do you have a good and reliable temp software, can only find some that reads the cores and not the cpu it self, my fan expert saying 59
amd od saying 46.5
core temp is monitoring the cores saying 45 degrees..
Dont know what to depend on really.. :eek:

When doing prime95 that is, just to calm you ;)

My current Corsair A70 takes a lot of space in my case, i have to be on low profile rams until i get the new cooler,

I have come a long way in this i think, gonna run a quick test on 3.65 to see if temps are ok... Or else i have to wait :)

Got it, works wonderful, i cant get over 3.35 when doing it from bios, if i use Turbo EVO and do a "test setting" at 3.5 and put the same settings in bios afterwards it starts up clocked at 3.35 again, if i enter bios again, the settings i put in there for 3.5 is saved, but it says current cpu speed 3.35 target cpu speed is 3.5.. Any clues what to do? I have runed a prime95 on the settings to test at 3.5 and have a max temp at 52 wich think is pretty descent taking the cooler configuration in concideration. I'm confused!

@ phloon1981

...There have been a number of posts in your thread that have nothing to do with your issue. More like thread carping than is good when you are new and knee deep in your own problems. Sorry for that.

Here is another just honest truth and that is the ones in here that normally answer about 99% of the questions and have so for at least 3 years of the last Thubans to the FX cpus, do NOT use software to overclock. Most of us tired quickly of the crazy ways that the Ai Suite stuff acts on AMD AM3+ mobos. Some of that software seems to work well on the Intel boards but by and large the Ai Suite components seem to give more problems than they solve by being able to look at bios things while within windows. So asking us what to do when it seems that TurboEVO can overclock higher than you can by yourself manually from bios...well we are not likely to be able to answer the what or why since we usually never have nor intend to use that software. Now that is how it is. If you want real help, I suggest you FORGET software overclocking even if it has the Asus name on it. Most of us that can overclock and do push the crap out of the Asus CHV-z and non-z on a day to day basis AND remain available and visitble day after day in this forum are not fooling with software to overclock on a day to day basis. I hope that is perfectly clear now.

Now let me say this and it is about as real as it can get. I waited too too long to try and get any of the last of the reaonable priced 1090Ts or 1100T Thuban 6 core cpus. The unlocked Thuban 6 cores were a pleasure to use by most and far easier to get beyond 3.8Ghz cpu speed and a speed that you have not even reached yet. Your are still less than 3.5Ghz and not sure that is even stable. So you have a long way to go to get any super performance out of your 1055T which has only a 14 multiplier to clock upward by multiplying the 14 times at least 271 FSB to get to 3.8Ghz.

So you are really in a poor position of getting what most of the time we consider the performance sweet spot of 3.8Ghz to 4.0Gz for Thuban 6 core processor. So you need to re-focus your sights on getting that 1055T to a FSB/HT Ref Freq of 271 so you can reach at least 3.8Ghz for some decent performance. You need to pay no attention to guesses at what some cpu cooler not the one you have or plan to get are posted about. You need to forget FX processors unless you are going to order one today and move on from the 1055T. When you get the FX processor you will be just as lost and confused about overclocking it as you are about your current cpu.

Time to slow down or stop and REgroup your efforts to learn. Not speculate and dork around with software overclocking. You are free to use overclock software just the variables can be so wide from system to system, that it is almost impossible to help someone in trouble. Period. No real ifs ands or buts.

You need to get a grip and Clear the CMOS on that board and start at the starting place. A baseline overclock that can sustain stress testing by running P95 Blend mode for at least 2 hours without any sort of failure of P95 or any strange windows occurance like BSOD or other oddity. Only then do you have a launching pad to leave from and journey upward into overclock country.

Here is where you start and where we get the glimpse into what your system is doing since we do not see your monitor and cannot use the keys on your keyboard. That simple.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Last edited:
Thanks RHONE I really didn't have time this am to post. I'll be around a bit if I have time at work to check on but some days it's hard to do. If not I am sure there will be other help available as well phloon.

it scores 8350 in 3dmark, dont know if its good or not but it did 7701 stock, to go to that clock you menrion there i need to manual, and have ro play a little with it, i read a little of the guide it goes in depth and have to read it trough before doing anything my self :)

You are following the best advice I could give....and that is to read and understand what you are reading in the guides.
Good Luck in your efforts :) and I hope you hit your mark :snipe:

RGone... Thanks for the wakeup call :eek: i have regrouped and wiped the cmos as you told me to do, i can get to 3.37, stable, over that no matter how much i try to change it boots up no higher than that, when entering bios, the target speed 3.43 but still boots up with the 3.37... Disabled all the cool n quite, c1e and all that, threw out the ai suite and amd overdrive all together.. What can i do now?

View attachment 157612View attachment 157613View attachment 157614View attachment 157615View attachment 157616

so with LLC set to ? you are getting 1.39v on your cpu and this is stable settings for 3.34GHZ? your temps are good so we can get you a better OC for sure. You already have your memory and busses down that's good for now we can keep an eye out on them as we go along , as you add FSB it will not only make your CPU faster but the memory and CPU/NB and HT Link as well.

If this is the case ..... add a couple of clics (2 or 3 steps ) to your CPU Voltage in your bios and a couple of bumps to your FSB say to 243 to 245 and try running prime again. If it fails post back Ill be up for a little bit though not too late tonight. Remember to keep an eye on your temps and for now 30 min run of prime blend will suffice, we can run longer later.

Back