• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a warning, at 75% of 320GB/month but I HAVEN'T USED THAT MUCH! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

MWB, Spybot and windows defender come back clean...

I just got a notification from my ISP that I was at 75% for the month with 8 days to go. Impossible.

How do I monitor network traffic to see if anything is pumping the lines?

I was afraid I got opencandy after running driver sweeper but I ran their uninstall program post-haste so that can't be it.

Help plz.

What is PFSense ATM?

https://www.pfsense.org/

The pfSense® project is a free, open source customized distribution of FreeBSD specifically tailored for use as a firewall and router that is entirely managed via web interface. In addition to being a powerful, flexible firewalling and routing platform, it includes a long list of related features and a package system allowing further expandability without adding bloat and potential security vulnerabilities to the base distribution. The pfSense project has become a fairly popular project with more than 1 million downloads since its inception, and proven in countless installations ranging from small home networks protecting a single computer to large corporations, universities and other organizations protecting thousands of network devices.

This project started in 2004 as a fork of the m0n0wall project, but focused towards full PC installations rather than the embedded hardware focus of m0n0wall. We also offer an embedded image for Compact Flash based installations. The two projects have since diverged significantly.

We've steadily grown to become one of the most widely used network firewalls in the world, with in excess of 200,000 known live installs as of December 2013.

I used the tools Mimart suggested but they found nothing.

ATM- I tried to figure out how to install PFsense but its too complicated sounding and their tutorial doesn't make it seem easy can you explain it to me or provide an EXE not just an ISO like they seem to have?

I wonder if someone else IS using my wifi... I should change the password. Anyways I just took the easy route and upgraded to unlimited internet with my ISP for another $10 per month.

Could easily have been me installing hellaton of steam games or something.... I just didnt think I had used 240GB. My mom uses a lot too.

login to your router and see who all is connected at any given time, it may also offer logging

did you run all your antimalware in safe mode???
I got a version of open candy that used so much of my internet I got a warning also, I had to run everything in safe mode to find the bugger.

did you run all your antimalware in safe mode???
I got a version of open candy that used so much of my internet I got a warning also, I had to run everything in safe mode to find the bugger.

No I haven't run in safemode yet. I will get on that. It's F8 to boot into safe mode right?

What is an alternate method of restarting in safe mode for Win 7? I tried spamming F8 but sadly this is my mobo's "boot device selection" button, and that was the menu that was brought up. Even after selecting the OS drive and still spamming F8 for awhile I booted into Win7 normally :(.

Help plz.

Back