• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can a Tt bigwater 760 plus be made of any use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have been trying to use a Tt big water plus to cool a cpu at, at least a fair clock
I am using my a6-6600K 2 core apu as the piggy to roast and have had to give up on the Tt waterblock at 4.4 ghz and have installed a ZALMAN ZM-WB5 plus block and this has taken me to 4.7 prime stable for 1 hour, so I am good with that at this time, the :bang head at this time is that the heat is now recycled round and round back through the rad, I have covered the bay cover below the pump/rad to try to get the heated air to move on, but as you might guess, no such luck.
so now I am gpu folding which tends to load the cpu around 50% and i am able to gpu fold with the cpu at 5.0 and a notch over 1.5 vcore, this gives me a core temp of betwween 38c and 40c and you can feel that the sides of the case (azza hurrican) are warm to the touch
any ideas to help make this thing cool this apu without peeling the paint and melting the plastic of this caseI very much like?

sorry, forgot the screenshot.

screenshot.

Attachments

• ss.JPG
    ss.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 73
To me this sounds like air flow issues, maybe similar to what I had in my system before I did my redo on it that I did a write up about. I am going to assume you have the fans oriented to pull or push cool air from outside into your rad. My thoughts ...... swing it all around suck in as much cool air as you can on the bottom of your case and pull that out through your rad.

I just found a video on your cooler ...... I see the problem you have. You need to get allot more cool air into your case. How does the air flow through that rad from the top to the bottom or is it being pulled up through the rad by that fan. You might be able to supply it with more cool air with some custom sheet metal duct work. Block off as much of the case as you can from the intake side of the rad and direct as much cool air in as you can and deal with the warm air exhaust as you can with case ventilation.

That would be my starting point.

it pushes down through the rad.
I blocked off the drive day cover to prevent hot air from coming out of the front of the case,
I chucked in a loud 80+ cfm exaust fan in the back of the case and it has 2 200mm exaust fans in the top of the case.
I am now prime stable, 2 hours prime 95 at aroud 60c, the sides of the case around the pump/res combo are much cooler now also.

5.0 on the dual core is going to be it for this cooler had to go to an xspc raystorm block and make some pieces out of cardboard to force the thing to intake fresh air from the front of the case and force the hot exaust out the bottom and back through the case.
I am just glad i used the dual core and not the quad core.
this cooler is fit only for a sempron in stock form.

Back