• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Phases for 3570K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from the cheap seat run it full blast, if it dies it dies

Then instead of conjecture, you will definitively know if that board was a good purchase or not :)

Wonder if the 1 year replacement plan Canada Computers has would cover that :rofl:

CPU should arrive on the 22nd.

Canada post decided it was a good move to ship it to St.John's Newfoundland before shipping it to Ontario. :rolleyes:
The kicker is, Mandrake shipped it December 2nd from New York.

I love Canada Post. :bang head

CPU should arrive on the 22nd.

Canada post decided it was a good move to ship it to St.John's Newfoundland before shipping it to Ontario. :rolleyes:
The kicker is, Mandrake shipped it December 2nd from New York.

I love Canada Post. :bang head
Next time we meet at the border! :D

4400 Mhz!

4.4Ghz is all I will go with on this board.
It can barely keep 1.35 Vcore with LLC set to extreme. (It can't even keep 1.32 volts under load with LLC set to turbo!)

4.5Ghz is simply a no-go. (As I don't want to try and feed the chip more than 1.35 for fear of killing the mobo)
A pic, showing that I'm hitting pretty well near 90*C during IBT.

So it can do 4.4Ghz @ 1.3Volts... Not terrible I'd say. Beats the snot out of my old SB i5 2300! :D

4.4.PNG

OCNoob, very nice SB/IB OC guide you made.
A shame my chip won't do 4.5Ghz @ 1.35Vcore - looks like I have one of those 5% of chips that want more Vcore :p

And again, Thank you Mandrake for buying me the chip - truly awesome guy you are :)

And again, Thank you Mandrake for buying me the chip - truly awesome guy you are
Well I didn't buy it for you per se, you still paid me for it. I just picked it up and mailed it. :D

Well I didn't buy it for you per se, you still paid me for it. I just picked it up and mailed it. :D

True, even with the tax border services made me pay it's still cheaper.
Still can't believe I had to pay tax on it. :-/

Meh, can't complain gets me free healthcare :p

EDIT: Oh hell yes! I can finally run Metroid Prime Trilogy at 100% speed in Dolphin now!
PCX2 even runs at 100% speed now too! :thup: :thup:

Last edited:
Pardon me, and I truly don't intend thus to be political, but if you have to pay a tax, how is health care "free"? Just curious how that works.

Pardon me, and I truly don't intend thus to be political, but if you have to pay a tax, how is health care "free"? Just curious how that works.

The Canadian Gov't taxes everything. Even the CPU Manny bougt and shipped to me - I had to pay 28$ for GST Tax. (Gov't Sales Tax)
This tax money goes towards pensions, veteran's pensions/healthcare and healthcare for the rest of Canada as well as other things like welfare.

If you bought it in Canada - somewhere along the lines the Gov't taxed it and made money off it.
Gas prices are 55% tax up here. $1/L of gas = $0.55 for the Gov't.

Paycheques? Taxed heavily - all of it goes towards public services mainly our (crappy*) free healthcare.

*Slow, long wait times, and expensive to keep running.

TL;DR:
"Free" as in it's cheaper than U.S healthcare, and most things are free. (Walk into hospital bleeding, they patch you up you pay for ambulance ride and you're pretty much good to go)

OK I see. Sorry for being off topic. I know some of the citizens here in Detroit are demanding "FREE" water but that's for another thread.

The Canadian Gov't taxes everything. Even the CPU Manny bougt and shipped to me - I had to pay 28$ for GST Tax. (Gov't Sales Tax)
This tax money goes towards pensions, veteran's pensions/healthcare and healthcare for the rest of Canada as well as other things like welfare.

If you bought it in Canada - somewhere along the lines the Gov't taxed it and made money off it.
Gas prices are 55% tax up here. $1/L of gas = $0.55 for the Gov't.

Paycheques? Taxed heavily - all of it goes towards public services mainly our (crappy*) free healthcare.

*Slow, long wait times, and expensive to keep running.

TL;DR:
"Free" as in it's cheaper than U.S healthcare, and most things are free. (Walk into hospital bleeding, they patch you up you pay for ambulance ride and you're pretty much good to go)

As you should know, my fellow Canadian, it's General Sales Tax, not Government sales tax, and has been replaced by HST (Harmonized sales tax) which combines PST (provincial sales tax) and GST. :p :D :) :eek:

However if you paid at a federal rather than provincial level you would only have gotten charged GST. I've never had an expensive item like that shipped to me from the US so I don't know what exact tax you pay but that would be my guess.

As you should know, my fellow Canadian, it's General Sales Tax, not Government sales tax, and has been replaced by HST (Harmonized sales tax) which combines PST (provincial sales tax) and GST. :p :D :) :eek:

However if you paid at a federal rather than provincial level you would only have gotten charged GST. I've never had an expensive item like that shipped to me from the US so I don't know what exact tax you pay but that would be my guess.
It was HST I had to pay. It says GST/HST/TTPS/TVH but I only saw GST :facepalm:
Send all international packages marked ' gift '. ;)
There's always next time :D

Back