• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth in Windows 8.1 won't re-pair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

I'm trying to get "Trusted Devices" working on my Nexus 5. It works great when it works, but I am having some issues. Basically, I can get the device to pair with Windows just fine. Everything connects fine, I can push files and share things back and forth. However, if I walk out of range of the computer and come back, or simply turn Bluetooth on my phone off and then on again, the phone won't re-pair with the computer automatically. I have to "Remove Device" in Windows and start the pairing process all over again. I get the same thing on my N7 2013. Both are running A5.0, but the phone Bluetooth worked perfectly when paired with a rental car I had recently, so I think the issue is in Windows.

I did change the options on the Bluetooth device and checked "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" but the behavior is the same. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Back