• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G Skill 2133 w/ A10-7850k APU - Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also, should I try this "OC Genie" button in my BIOS? What is that exactly?
No, it's an auto overclocking tool that in 9 times out of 10 will make things worse.

So, frequency at 1866, timings 11-11-11-30, and voltage 1.6?
Yes and set the Dram voltage to 1.65. What was the Dram voltage set at when trying to run 2133?

No, it's an auto overclocking tool that in 9 times out of 10 will make things worse.

Yes and set the Dram voltage to 1.65. What was the Dram voltage set at when trying to run 2133?

Ah, okay. Can't believe they'd even incorporate that into the BIOS then.

Also, the label on the back of the RAM box says 1.6v. I would try to type 1.6v and it would automatically correct it to 1.5v for no reason.

I was successful with setting it to 1866!

Something about bringing to to 2133 though that just doesn't want to work... I'm glad I've made it up to 1866 at least, but, I will find a way to get to 2133 some how.

Well 1.65 isn't going to hurt it and sometimes you need a little extra voltage to get them to the top.

Well 1.65 isn't going to hurt it and sometimes you need a little extra voltage to get them to the top.

I may just deal with 1866 for now and tweak with it again later. I'm pretty sure the first time I set the voltage on the RAM for 2133 though, it was at 1.65v. So, I'm not sure.

Can't help but think that a large part of the problem is that your board isn't really designed for overclocking.

Can't help but think that a large part of the problem is that your board isn't really designed for overclocking.

You could quite possibly be right. But at the same time, why would it even advertise 2133 capability without even labeling that speed as an (OC) if it's not even designed for it? Gah.

Maybe it works with 1 pair of 2133 sticks in existence or some such thing

You could also try setting your ram to 1866, bclk to 114, nb multi to 23 and cpu multi to 36 (or 37)...that'd get you to 4.1GHz (or 4.2) on the cpu and 2133 on the ram

Just to see if it works. If your system doesn't post then you have to set bclk lower.

Back