• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Omega..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Working good for me so far. Fixed my issues with youtube/flash videos sometimes causing the drver to "stop responding & recover" HDMI audio working good, Dragin Age: I running good. Didn't notice much in that game but they also updated the game files. So far stbility is way better for my setup. I just may hang on to AMD graphics for a bit longer if they can keep this up :clap:

I never used HDMI audio from a video card. I was wondering do they have their own sound chip? Or is the audio processed by the computers sound card and then sent to HDMI on video?

did you try installing on another computer? did you uninstall the old AMD radeon drivers?

-anyway-

i dont think i can use this. i am running windows 10 beta. although i can try this on my other iwndows 7 computer, i will have to try to get my hands on another 7950. my msi 7950 just stopped working right two months ago.

did you download from the AMD site or from guru3d?

The AMD site didn't have the device driver for some reason available. When I downloaded the full WHQL driver (not the RC) from guru3d it went without a hitch.

did you download from the AMD site or from guru3d?

The AMD site didn't have the device driver for some reason available. When I downloaded the full WHQL driver (not the RC) from guru3d it went without a hitch.

lol thats what happeneed to me, had to get em from guru. And the SB drivers at AMD only dl to 12 megs when it should be around 50, googled and got it from some german site. ALl working well now

I never used HDMI audio from a video card. I was wondering do they have their own sound chip? Or is the audio processed by the computers sound card and then sent to HDMI on video?

It's a raw audio signal that doesn't have any processing, so in this case you'll need to run it to a TV or receiver to get sound. The Sound card is not used at all when you run it this way. You can get 24bit 192KHz if you have a receiver that can output at that rate.

It's a raw audio signal that doesn't have any processing, so in this case you'll need to run it to a TV or receiver to get sound. The Sound card is not used at all when you run it this way. You can get 24bit 192KHz if you have a receiver that can output at that rate.

Does it use CPU cycles though? And as far as quality is it better then onboard? Better then a Xonar?

I have speakers on my monitor but they suck but would work with the HDMI, but I just use analog speakers to the sound card. Heck even when I had a XOnar D2, I was using analog with a logitech z uhh I forgot the number, those 300W 2.1 logitech speakers from 5 years ago THX certified. Sound was perfect. Theres a new version only 200W thought but Im thinking of getting it.

Same thing with guru3d downloads. :( I suspect the problem is in my OS somewhere. Win 10 was a beotch to get rid of from my main rig , including not letting me boot in to Win 7. Whole system has been hinky ever since then.

OT: but you weren't able to just do a format of the drive to install the new OS?

Had it set up in a dual boot on a separate HDD. It tried to take over and wouldn't let me boot in to 7 no matter what I told the BIOS. I seem to recall 8 doing the same thing. I ended up deleting the MBR from 10 and rebooting to format the HDD. Then had to boot in to a repair disc to fix the 7 MBR. It was crazy.

Same thing with guru3d downloads. :( I suspect the problem is in my OS somewhere. Win 10 was a beotch to get rid of from my main rig , including not letting me boot in to Win 7. Whole system has been hinky ever since then.

Hmm, strange AMD one didnt work for me but gurus did.

weird, i dont see an option anywhere to enable VSR, does this page all look right?
novsr.PNG
i know it should be under properties, under my digital flat panels, but it doesnt show up at all.

weird, i dont see an option anywhere to enable VSR, does this page all look right?
View attachment 157226
i know it should be under properties, under my digital flat panels, but it doesnt show up at all.

In CCC
My Digital Flat Panel>Properties> checkbox enable gpu upscaling and enable virtual super resolution

Hmm, wait you have a 280x? Thats why you dont have the 2nd option of VSR, you need 285,290,290x or 295 for that :(

280x is just rebranded 7970 thats why.

ah okay, that makes sense.
i just assumed since 280x gets all the other GCN features, it would get that one too.

The feature will be added in the next month or two for cards going back to the 260 I believe I read.

Back