• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The joys of unlimited internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I just wanted to gloat.
I got unlimited 60mbps internet. Used to have 120GB @ 30mbps then went to 320GB at 60mbps now at unlimited 60mbps.

I LOVE this ISP. I always speedtest at 80mbps and I download from steam @ over 8MBPS sometimes 9

Who else has kick *** internet!

Ya! Digital life!
Yeehaww :salute:

I just wanted to gloat.
I got unlimited 60mbps internet. Used to have 120GB @ 30mbps then went to 320GB at 60mbps now at unlimited 60mbps.

I LOVE this ISP. I always speedtest at 80mbps and I download from steam @ over 8MBPS sometimes 9

Who else has kick *** internet!

Ya! Digital life!
Yeehaww :salute:

And this ISP is ....???
Not that I can get that package :cry:

So with that said I suppose I didn't need to post in your Just got a warning, at 75% of 320GB/month but I HAVEN'T USED THAT MUCH! HELP! thread? :-/

how much bandwidth do you even use? lol i blow through 100+gb on a slow week. my isp gives 0 farts about it. granted i dont have 60mb/s. more like 1/3 of that. its too bad that people who would actually use that kind of connection cant even get access to it.

how much bandwidth do you even use? lol i blow through 100+gb on a slow week. my isp gives 0 farts about it. granted i dont have 60mb/s. more like 1/3 of that. its too bad that people who would actually use that kind of connection cant even get access to it.

About 300-400GB/month but now that it's unlimited I have streaming video going in the background 24/7 for ambiance. So it'll be a lot more.

Nice that you're enjoying it. Though, how much is it a month?

$69

I get a discount since I have TV/Internet/phone/Cell with them.

About 300-400GB/month but now that it's unlimited I have streaming video going in the background 24/7 for ambiance. So it'll be a lot more.

$69

I get a discount since I have TV/Internet/phone/Cell with them.

My friend is with Rogers.
He regularly torrents random crap just to p1ss them off :rofl:

The next day he will "suddenly" have 2000+ ping :rofl:

Wait, why is p i s s a censored word?? :confused:

Are data limits a canadian thing? Been around the country, never had a "data limit", minus with some DSL company a few years ago.

The United States cable companies along with DSL companies are notorious for data caps :/

We've had "invisible" data caps for many many years.

ATT uverse has a 250gb cap stated but they have never enforced it its just there incase one day they decide to which is pretty sketchy id have like a $500 overage fee in a month if they decided to.

No data caps. But to be honest europe is ahead in interweb. US still is laying out fiber.

I had fiber in europe almost 5 years ago 24 meg line no cap and pinged in the 20s to scandinavia from southern europe.

Now in US i got a 30 meg cable line with supposed fiber backbone, its ok, no cap, but the DNS servers suck lately and had to change to Open DNS both for speed and security

Are data limits a canadian thing? Been around the country, never had a "data limit", minus with some DSL company a few years ago.

In my area (Atlanta, GA) Comcast has a 300 GB cap and AT&T has a 250 GB cap. Comcast has a business service that is unlimited, but requires you to sign a contract. Oh, and if they don't serve an area you move to, you're still on the hook for said contract.

In my area (Atlanta, GA) Comcast has a 300 GB cap and AT&T has a 250 GB cap. Comcast has a business service that is unlimited, but requires you to sign a contract. Oh, and if they don't serve an area you move to, you're still on the hook for said contract.

att has a "250gb cap" that they do not enforce you cannot even goto the page they "have" to view usage i use 250gb in a matter of two weeks normally.

I was gonna get ATT due to their fiber but backed off for 2 reasons
1)Where I live there is a monopoly of another company and ATT only offers 6 megs at most line.
2)Their hardware sucks, its a propietary modem/router which means using your own router is a pain in the butt to set up. You have to specify in the ATT one to allow the MAC of the other router. I use tomato router no hell am I using some propietary bs with some n00b firewall

I was gonna get ATT due to their fiber but backed off for 2 reasons
1)Where I live there is a monopoly of another company and ATT only offers 6 megs at most line.
2)Their hardware sucks, its a propietary modem/router which means using your own router is a pain in the butt to set up. You have to specify in the ATT one to allow the MAC of the other router. I use tomato router no hell am I using some propietary bs with some n00b firewall

Somewhat of a similar situation around here, local cable company monopolizes the ISP market in my city, the only other offerings have been limited to AT&T DSL capped at 6mb/756kb. Only recently have parts of the city begun to get Uverse to finally put some competition out there, hopefully driving the ridiculous costs down. As far as AT&T using proprietary hardware, I don't think that's the case. Uverse uses a proprietary modem, but not router. You can turn DHCP off on the gateway and add your own router. They may have service whitelisted based on MAC of their hardware, but that's easily spoofable (especially since you're running Tomato). When I was in off campus housing in college, the ISP did that, and MAC spoofing was how I defeated it.

Somewhat of a similar situation around here, local cable company monopolizes the ISP market in my city, the only other offerings have been limited to AT&T DSL capped at 6mb/756kb. Only recently have parts of the city begun to get Uverse to finally put some competition out there, hopefully driving the ridiculous costs down. As far as AT&T using proprietary hardware, I don't think that's the case. Uverse uses a proprietary modem, but not router. You can turn DHCP off on the gateway and add your own router. They may have service whitelisted based on MAC of their hardware, but that's easily spoofable (especially since you're running Tomato). When I was in off campus housing in college, the ISP did that, and MAC spoofing was how I defeated it.

Its a router/modem both, I was arguing with the sales rep on the phone about it when they told me it only allowed one MAC change...

Back