• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TransformedBG

Twice now ... windows has failed to boot and failed to recover...

Ive ran windows drive check. crystal disk and both come back good .. Im running a corsair Nforce 120... have been running it for about a year.. max only hit 72% full.

any ideas?

Have you checked for any firmware updates for the SSD?

The first time i did that it deleted my profile on my computer and i had to reinstall.. im a little hesitant to do it again...

I suggest you get a copy of Linux based parted magic boot cd, it runs from RAM and you can do everything with it. Backup your drive with clonezilla which is part of it as an image then try updating the firmware and that way in case you lose data due to firmware update you can just recopy the whole clonezilla image after the update

+1 always take a backup!

That said some.firmware flashes are destructive, some are not. I would always assume it is to be safe. :)

+1 always take a backup!

That said some.firmware flashes are destructive, some are not. I would always assume it is to be safe. :)

Yup, if it aint broke dont fix it. But in this case rule might not apply. hehe

Inn any case yes most SSD firmware flashes warn that even if its a good firmware you MIGHT lose data.

Back