• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Rig for 800$ - best for it's money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yan. I'm usually "that guy" so I'll do it again.

You came to a site with some of the most knowledgeable people in the world on the subject with a sub par build. You will get nothing but honest feedback here. If you want accolades for your crap system goto YouTube or reddit. Those that know, know that system is worthless for over clocking ( overclockers.com?????), and will not stand any measurable test of time. The ram is not compatible with fx processors, and the whole thing will not perform as intended.

Enjoy your build, maybe next time do some research or don't act holier than thou without knowing anything.

Basically, accept what you've built with some modicum of humility, or go elsewhere looking for faux approval.

To much hatred and imagination, man.
Don't take it personally.
I explained everything. This build copied from "Tech Syndicate" YouTube channel.

Mobo - is crap. About memory - I didn't know because I don't use AMD CPUs. SSD- can't say something bad about it, cause I use it for a year on my second laptop, but assume that's true.

Meh, its an easy mistake, many of us here have made it. Haven't seen a single person like this guy that comes here and tells EVERYONE they are wrong, and only he knows what he's talking about though, thats a first....

- - - Updated - - -

I explained everything. This build copied from "Tech Syndicate" YouTube channel.

Mobo - is crap. About memory - I didn't know because I don't use AMD CPUs. SSD- can't say something bad about it, cause I use it for a year on my second laptop, but assume that's true.

Hatred implies I give a ****. The rest of it, not my problem now.

I don't use AMD CPUs (I do have an APU build but habitually I build Intel for others and myself) and I was aware of the issue. If you don't know, get the video. Know what I mean? You have to fill yourself in before you try to fill others in on a subject.

It is literally considered one of the worst SSDs with some of the worst quality FLASH like... ever...

Doesn't excuse parroting false/misleading information. Total noobs could have read your post, built the rig and had issues. It's moderately irresponsible. No offense or anything.

If you knew that from the get-go why'd you even start this thread?

[/COLOR]

I don't use AMD CPUs (I do have an APU build but habitually I build Intel for others and myself) and I was aware of the issue. If you don't know, get the video. Know what I mean? You have to fill yourself in before you try to fill others in on a subject.

It is literally considered one of the worst SSDs with some of the worst quality FLASH like... ever...

Doesn't excuse parroting false/misleading information. Total noobs could have read your post, built the rig and had issues. It's moderately irresponsible. No offense or anything.

If you knew that from the get-go why'd you even start this thread?

I've got you.
My back. Sorry. I will delete this thread.
Freaking Logan...

Realizing one's mistakes is step one on the path to knowledge.

Not if you still make mistakes. Everyone does.

I beleive more in the socratum philosophy "All I know is that I know nothing", although I did study a certain martial art for years that involves Zen buddism meditation and the whole knowledge compendulum.

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "buddhism" and "compendium" are the words you are searching for Neo.

You know Kung-Fu?

Kung Fu is chinese, I studied bushido code which is japanese.
Specifically the 2nd branch of Karate Do known as sh1to (lol it edited the i because it thinks its a curse word) Ryu, traditional Karate is known as Shotokan, the three main branches are the ladder and then Gojo Ryu.

Shoto is more direct and higher stances and very slow but strong hits, my style is in japense "soft/hard" focuses on meditation and breathing, very fast movements and at times hard blows but lower position stances then shotokan, its like a mixture of Kenpo and Aikido. Gojo is very strong, the gran master of Gojo was said to be able to kill a bull with a single blow.

My best friend is black belt in shoto and we would bs around, he called my style for sissys cause his sensei made them bunch phone books with wood inside till their knuckles bleeded. My sensei when I told him that laughed and gave Bruce Lees response (wood or a book doesnt hit you back)
lol

Anywayas back on topic guys. If you want to know more just PM me.

Last edited:
I want to make a new video about "Entry level Gaming PC" for 400$.

Here is the NEW build project:

AMD 5350 2.05Ghz Quad-Core Processor
Asus AM1I-A Mini ITX AM1 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card
Rosewill R103A ATX Mid Tower Case w/350W Power Supply

Here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wmpyyc

I know what you will say about gaming performance of this PC, but it's actually capable to load every NEW game. For example BF4 will run in 1080p with semi-medium details smooth and nice.

The system of the pcpartpicker warns me with " Current Part List
Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities.
"

I think this is because it thinks that GPU will not fit with Mobo, but it will fit. Mobo has PCI-express 2.0 4x slot capable to accept any GPU.

I KNOW that CPU will be a bottleneck in this config. )
But anyway - this system is have a right for life.
It can be useful for person who don't want to buy PS4 or XboxOne but want to play games and lead other work on it.

Tell me, if somebody tested this systems, what do you think about quality of parts what I choose?

P.s.

Take a look at it.

Here is the link:

I know what you will say about gaming performance of this PC, but it's actually capable to load every NEW game. For example BF4 will run in 1080p with semi-medium details smooth and nice.

"

I think this is because it thinks that GPU will not fit with Mobo, but it will fit. Mobo has PCI-express 2.0 4x slot capable to accept any GPU.

It can be useful for person who don't want to buy PS4 or XboxOne but want to play games and lead other work on it.

Tell me, if somebody tested this systems, what do you think about quality of parts what I choose?

P.s.

Take a look at it.

Am1 for work or word processing, web browsing or fb yeah but not for gaming man

For 400 you can do something better, it would be hard, but if you want Ill post a pcpartpicker screen with something decent.

Here is the link:

"

P.s.

Take a look at it.

There's one HUGE ISSUE with that build.........

THE GPU WON'T GO IN THE MOTHERBOARD!!!

Seriously Yan, learn more before trying...

Am1 for work or word processing, web browsing or fb yeah but not for gaming man

For 400 you can do something better, it would be hard, but if you want Ill post a pcpartpicker screen with something decent.

Yes. I'd like to get help in this question.

There's one HUGE ISSUE with that build.........

THE GPU WON'T GO IN THE MOTHERBOARD!!!

Seriously Yan, learn more before trying...

Take a look closer for PCI-e 4x.
Right side of it is cut.
I've done it in times of GPU Bitcoin mining numerous times.

Issues are possible only with powerful GPUs. like 980Gtx, etc..

Skyrim:
w Fraps: 15 - 25 FPS
w/o Fraps: 25-35

Fallout New Vegas
w Fraps 15 - 25 fps
w/o Fraps 20 - 35 fps

Borderlands 2:
w Fraps 10 - 20 fps
w/o Fraps 15 - 25 fps

Left 4 dead 2:
w Fraps 20 - 40 fps
w/o Fraps 30 - 60

Just on APU Athlon 5350 without GPU.
I wouldn't say that this "little boy" for office. It's more for games than for office.

Crysis 3
high details
1920x1080
AM1 AMD 5350
GTX750TI
8GB RAM 1600MHz

with fraps: 25-30fps
without fraps: 30-40fps

I think it's very smooth and decent for such money.
What would you say?

So, my GOAL here is to create decent build for money that one can spend for gaming console.
And create more versatile performance that Console can give to user.

Attachments

• DSC_2277.jpg
    DSC_2277.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we being inundated by movies?

So, how is a 16x physical gpu going to fit in a 4x physical slot? Riser card? So far these builds are questionable at best. I'd spend more time learning things than posting up these dubious builds and eons long dramas about the build.

Please also edit your posts when adding so close together. :)

Last edited:
Why are we being inundated by movies?

So, how is a 16x physical gpu going to fit in a 4x physical slot?

I told already. Very simple.
Like any other card.
This PCI-e 4x has cut on the right edge.

I've done it tons of times with 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx,290 Radeons and PCI-e 1x slots.

Cut any of your PCI-e, insert GPU and it will work. PCI-e 4X 2.0 will be just fine for 750ti.

But, also, i'm opened for ner ideas.
If somebody knows better gaming config for 400$ - let me know, pls.

And most users wouldn’t even notice anything missing, since the PCIe x4 slot has an open end to support longer PCIe x16 graphics cards.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/am1-motherboard-socket-fs1b-athlon-5350,3850-2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I had ideas about Pentium based system, but Pentium has just 2 cores and even if they more powerful, the lack of additional 2 cores impossible to refill by anything.

With that setup you are, on average, losing almost 10% performance because using 4x 2.0. http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/reviews/NVIDIA/GTX_980_PCI-Express_Scaling/21.html

Yes, that is with a 980, but still...there is a loss even with a 750ti.

Sort of this. 3-5% of GPU performance.
But there is nothing better for this money.

Also, bit plus if ASUS is overclockability, rather than other mobos.
So, one can get 500-700 mhz for free from CPU.

Moreover, this tiny PC will allow to play in 720p on low details even without GPU.
So, basically it's 280$ to start with.

Insane, but it is. )))

Here is the link:

"

P.s.

Take a look at it.

*sigh*

AM1 CPUs are horridly weak you CAN'T make a gaming PC with them you use an Athlon 860K for another $30 instead and you have a gaming PC. Please, please stop parroting useless information. You're like a school boy preaching to teachers. We know more than you. Your threads on this forum fall on deaf, and more knowledgeable ears. You're proving nothing.

Also as was mentioned, the GPU won't fit the board. Are you actually suggesting users mutilate the board to make the card fit? Crazy man.

This thread should be locked. Be here to learn, YanWest, not to preach. You're preaching about the flying spaghetti monster. Not Buddha, Not Christ, not Allah... freakin flying spaghetti monster.... Seriously. Give it up dude.

*sigh*
Also as was mentioned, the GPU won't fit the board. Are you actually suggesting users mutilate the board to make the card fit? Crazy man.

It will fit. There is no need to mutilate anything. You are parroting now.

This thread should be locked. Be here to learn, YanWest, not to preach. You're preaching about the flying spaghetti monster. Not Buddha, Not Christ, not Allah... freakin flying spaghetti monster.... Seriously. Give it up dude.

Look I'm sick and tired of you already.
Stop to speak with me in commanding manner, or I will tell you "where you should go and what you should do".
I will do whatever I want to do in terms of this forum.
If this topic bother you - don't post here.

Look I'm sick and tired of you already.
Stop to speak with me in commanding manner, or I will tell you "where you should go and what you should do".
I will do whatever I want to do in terms of this forum.
If this topic bother you - don't post here.

With all due respect, I think it may be the other way around and people may be tired of you.. Sorry to be rude, but I think that's just the way it is. You are posting TERRIBLE builds. There are a lot of absolute bonified experts on this forum. There are also lurkers and noobs. If one of them sees your build they might pull the trigger, buy it all, build it, and be disappointed. You are polluting the forums with bad builds. We don't appreciate that here. I feel this thread should be locked and deleted.

You seemed to grasp what I was saying about your first build. You even said you were going to delete the thread. But you instead posted another, even worse build. Seriously bro, give it up. You're not helping anybody. I think Linustechtips is a better forum for you with less experienced people where you can throw crazy ideas around more freely. This is an experts forum. You're not accomplishing anything by posting these hodge podge builds on OCF. I hope I've made my point.

Again, no disprespect intended, Merry Christmas.

And you're right, now that I look at the board you wouldn't have to cut the slot to make a card fit. That doesn't change the fact that you're gimping the card at a low transfer rate and using an APU intended for minimalist use as a net appliance/office machine and not for gaming. You could build on an Athlon 860K for only a few dollars more and have a viable machine. These builds just aren't well researched that you're posting.

And PS- you can't do whatever you want on this forum. That's what the general discussion section is for. You will find this is a forum rife with reprimands and corrections any time you ask for info without researching, post bad info, etc. It's just that kind of forum. It might not be the kind of place you want to try to fit into.

PPS I'm not speaking to you in a commanding tone. I'm trying to talk some sense into you. That requires a bit of a firm tone, yes, but it's hardly commanding.

Don't double post again. last warning. I'm tired of cleaning up after you in this debacle of builds thread.

Even one of our most respected members calls this thread a debacle.

Last edited:
Back