• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bye bye Avast.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait, you're blindly believing something a company that's trying to sell their product put on their website that doesn't have any links to research?

Im not blidnly beleiving anything man. I did my research with google and duck duck and av comparitives.com which are not in Qihoos pocket..... You should know that a companys websites links are biased. Shiat I went to blucigs and according to them they are the next best thing since sliced bread. Truth is they are the most pocket draining shiat ever.

In any csae I think you have misquoted me, I meant billions as in populations which is why Qihoo has around5-600 MILLION not billions of users ;) Still more then I ever seen.
Ok will admit one bug I have found with Qihoo, its not cleaning junk files but everything else It does as it claims.

I suspect some chinophobia here comrades ;)

Im not blidnly beleiving anything man. I did my research with google and duck duck and av comparitives.com which are not in Qihoos pocket..... You should know that a companys websites links are biased. Shiat I went to blucigs and according to them they are the next best thing since sliced bread. Truth is they are the most pocket draining shiat ever.

In any csae I think you have misquoted me, I meant billions as in populations which is why Qihoo has around5-600 MILLION not billions of users ;) Still more then I ever seen.
Ok will admit one bug I have found with Qihoo, its not cleaning junk files but everything else It does as it claims.

I suspect some chinophobia here comrades ;)

How about taking a few slow deep breaths and back away from the keyboard.

BTW, I see that you're new here, welcome to the forums. ;-)

I have some input to give.

My friend is using this Qihoo, and it's.... not been the best experience. He's sold on the number of features, just like you are Zakarro, but it gets false positives like you won't believe. It keeps deleting games from his steam library, and auto kills anything that isn't signed. Seriously?? Since when are unsigned programs uniformly bad?! I don't even.

I would just use MSE, tighten up windows firewall, use EMET, and keep noscript. Less bloat, less variables, less stress. Just as secure.

Let me think here... MS is the bigges and the richest of them al. MS has more to lose if it can not protect its own software. MS designed the software being protected. MS sends out updates and patches all the time because they are vigilant...

I have some input to give.

My friend is using this Qihoo, and it's.... not been the best experience. He's sold on the number of features, just like you are Zakarro, but it gets false positives like you won't believe. It keeps deleting games from his steam library, and auto kills anything that isn't signed. Seriously?? Since when are unsigned programs uniformly bad?! I don't even.

I would just use MSE, tighten up windows firewall, use EMET, and keep noscript. Less bloat, less variables, less stress. Just as secure.

None of that is happening to me. In fact the main th ing I like about this thing is that it gets windows updates as well that windows update itself doesnt find, and best of all it dls them at full speed unlike windows update that you know takes foreever.

Im using the beta version of Qihooo 360 now and its fixed whatever regular version people are having problems wth.

Let me think here... MS is the bigges and the richest of them al. MS has more to lose if it can not protect its own software. MS designed the software being protected. MS sends out updates and patches all the time because they are vigilant...

Thats exactly my point it cant protect its own software man. MSE and Defender are like 3 year olds with water pistols defending you while most others got AKs, catch y drift.

As for the updates yeah so does Linux and at least with Linux you can update in 10 min unlike Ms that can take hours unless your using WSUS.

Yet again a lot here are claming im the blind Morpheus here beleivingn a false prophecy, but In case anyone ignored my previous link here http://www.av-comparatives.org/. over 20 AVs compared every month and now for the free ones Qihoo surpasses AVG, Avira and Avast. Thats why I switched thats all. Heck I just got a free version of kaspersky with my new mobo but not using it cause I know kaspersky bloats. The main reason I would use kaspersky is if I were working self employed tech work again to disinfect. There may be AVS that are good umbrellas but kaspersky is best at disinfecting and real time protection. Drawback is it bloats.

the main th ing I like about this thing is that it gets windows updates as well that windows update itself doesnt find, and best of all it dls them at full speed unlike windows update that you know takes foreever.

If it's downloading "updates" that you claim Windows doesn't "find", that alone sounds VERY alarming. But as far as download speeds, I don't think I've had any issues with Windows Update in regards to using up my 100Mbit line.

If it's downloading "updates" that you claim Windows doesn't "find", that alone sounds VERY alarming. But as far as download speeds, I don't think I've had any issues with Windows Update in regards to using up my 100Mbit line.

Sigh

Never mind, its from China it must be a backdoor.... What so alarming that win update itself is flawed? And WSUS and this does it better?

100mbit line? Wait im on a 56k v modem thats why my win update is so slow!!! Seriously its not that windows update is slow, the data transmision rates break every 5 seconds, on my comodo meter I dont see it continously dl and this has happened since vista days. Everything else goes at full speed constantly and I use Open DNS which is faster.

Drop the mentality of pay=better. WHen truth is open source free is. Get any Linux distro and you can choose wherre you want updates from and they will go at full speed and finish in about 5-10 min not an hour like winbloze

FYI Qihoo will ignore certain updates.

Hey how about instead of all the skepticisim you try it out then please post your opinion.

You are the 2nd person to not trust this. One guy says fishy you say alarming. :facepalm:

Ill repeat myself which Im kind of tired of doing, if this were malware AV comparitives would not use it. I rest my case.

IN any case do you think kaspersky is malware? Its "evil commie" software as well... Ohh wait but it costs money and money is everything right? Anythiing that costs money must be legit. Like MS crap and Windows 10 tech preview which Mr Gates put a keylogger on for us out of the goodness of his heart!!

Do what you want Im just making a recommendation since iI really could care less what country an AV comes from as long as I know its legit. China so what,90% of murican products come from there, should you think they are fishy as well?

Yes china has poor quality control on certain things, but they are very smart, what matters is good controlled and what costs them 3 cents to make they could care less. China is NOT exactly a socilist paradise, if anything its authoritarian state capitalism.

Why do you think they have multinational stores over there? Starbucks, best buy, etc...

If Mao were alive today he would have a heart attack.

Yeah, Mao would not be pleased. Thank goodness he's gone.

I have a few points. Qihoo, being Chinese based, could be forced to put backdoors into the software at any time. Just like Kaspersky.
Qihoo is a mishmash of software from different makers. Unlike Kaspersky. The multiple AV engines make me nervous, from a software complexity standpoint. KISS, ftw! Bugs in security software are bad.

And finally, can you tell me more about the windows patches it's applying for you? It sounds.... really strange. How are they applying patches that aren't available through the updater? Are they KB fixes for obscure issues? I guess that would be okay, but it seems weird.

So, I'm glad you like Qihoo. I dislike Avast too, and avoid them like the plague. They are bloated, though not as badly as AVG or Norton. I don't think I'd use Qihoo myself, but if it gives you no problems, I'm happy for you :)

What..... put your tinfoil cap back on. You went off on a large tangent without much prior knowledge about our members here and completely grasping at straws here to attempt to prove yourself. FYI, I never said anything about China... lol...

We expressed concern considering how iffy it sounds, regardless if you use it. Btw, never said anything about free vs paid... But bashing Kaspersky? You are trying to grasp at too many straws here and put words in others' mouths. Calm yourself..

Yeah, Mao would not be pleased. Thank goodness he's gone.

I have a few points. Qihoo, being Chinese based, could be forced to put backdoors into the software at any time. Just like Kaspersky.
Qihoo is a mishmash of software from different makers. Unlike Kaspersky. The multiple AV engines make me nervous, from a software complexity standpoint. KISS, ftw! Bugs in security software are bad.

And finally, can you tell me more about the windows patches it's applying for you? It sounds.... really strange. How are they applying patches that aren't available through the updater? Are they KB fixes for obscure issues? I guess that would be okay, but it seems weird.

So, I'm glad you like Qihoo. I dislike Avast too, and avoid them like the plague. They are bloated, though not as badly as AVG or Norton. I don't think I'd use Qihoo myself, but if it gives you no problems, I'm happy for you :)

Qihoo.JPG

As for backdoors yet again :facepalm:

Do your research on this company please man ohh please. And re read the whole thread they make their money like most free AVs do, stat collecting and personal info. So far I gave Qihoo nothing personal so im not worried and could care less anyways. Id rather the chinese watch me play RO2 or look at pr0n then James Bond

What..... put your tinfoil cap back on. You went off on a large tangent without much prior knowledge about our members here and completely grasping at straws here to attempt to prove yourself. FYI, I never said anything about China... lol...

We expressed concern considering how iffy it sounds, regardless if you use it. Btw, never said anything about free vs paid... But bashing Kaspersky? You are trying to grasp at too many straws here and put words in others' mouths. Calm yourself..
Tin foil? lol No in reality I wear gold foil hats with the crystal skull indiana jones found!! :D

Why are we having this charade of a debate whether to trust QIhoo or not? I can understand "hey I already got an AV" but "ohh its fishy its a backdoor"
Please go report that to AV comparitives I'm sure they will take your advice into consideration... They have backdoors on all their servers now thx to Qihoo!!!!

Sobe, I took Psychology and college you know, you dont have to say something to show true colorss. Ill bet my left nut that if this were made in another country you guys wouldnt think its "iffy"

Want to talk about straws if anything I praise kaspersky because it is the most effective AV, I just said it bloats and it does. jeez

Mods please lock this thread its gotten ludicrous

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's downloading "updates" that you claim Windows doesn't "find", that alone sounds VERY alarming.

This.

This is a scary thought. The Windows Update Servers know of all updates. An AV company wouldn't have access to distribute "hidden" updates.
That's why M$ has a tool called Windows Update.

Mods please lock this thread its gotten ludicrous

Nuke it. It needs to be done.

My last words on the subject, cause im starting to think you guys are flamebaitin or trollin me, for the millionth time, if this were such malware droppin bombs on us THEN WHY THE F()*)_ IS AV COMPARITIVES USING IT??

Btw look even the you tube review is droppin on me!!!

Last edited:
Zakarro,

Your wish to "Close" is my command. This is no longer a discussion but an argument (yours). And please do not bypass our swear filter here
by using other characters to show your dissatisfaction.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back