• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10: The next chapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have that issue at all, clicked on the mega link and was able to download without any issues /shrug

(using chrome)

Granted, it is now downloading at sub 100kb/s so by the time it is done downloading tomorrow will be here and the update probably would have already installed.

double edit:

decided to go ahead and get it from a place that kick's butt at torrenting and will update when it completes.

On FF they insist on you installing their 'safe and secure' extension or you don't get any mega download love.

Whoa! Another PC build!

Whoa! Another PC build!
June 30, 2015 by Gabe Aul

Hi everyone,

So we have something of a surprise for you today! Our last build to the Windows Insider Fast ring was just yesterday, but we’re following it up with another build today – Build 10159, releasing to the Fast ring.

Screenshot-7-1024x576.png

Why two builds so fast back to back?! As you probably know, we validate builds that we produce in internal rings where they’re used by engineers in OSG and Microsoft. If they pass all of our criteria we make them available to Windows Insiders, first to Fast and then to Slow once we know it’s a stable build. We’d been using 10158 for almost a week and knew it was going to be a strong build, and the data backed that up so we released it yesterday. Hot on its heels though was build 10159, which in addition to more fixes (over 300 of them!), took in one very interesting change. We didn’t want to wait with 10158 so we went ahead and released that build while we were still evaluating 10159. As it turns out though, 10159 is also a great build and passes our criteria for the Windows Insider Fast ring.

We could have held off on it and picked a later build to give you some time with 10158 but we thought that you’d want to see that one change… Let us know if we chose correctly, or if Fast suddenly got *too* fast with 2 builds in 2 days.

We’ll be publishing the build later this afternoon and it should be available everywhere by end of day. If you’re actively downloading 10158 when 10159 is published, you may get an error 0x80246017. If that happens, just reboot your PC, go back to Settings and check again and you should see 10159 offered to you.

Thanks,
g

Source

Haha, man, just finished updating to 10158! (went perfectly with the ISO I downloaded, FWIW)

Hmmm... I might just wait for 10159 then unless 58 actually shows up in win10 updates today :rolleyes:

Something is broken with my 10130 pro x64 VM installation. Checked for updates and it updated my windows defender defs, but no new build. I'm supposedly up to date @ 10130 lol.

Last edited:
I've "tested" several different Windows 10 builds now and don't think i've ever experienced a lockup yet... :shrug:

Ha, lockups will be magically cleared the night before RTM release build, as it always has been the case in the past ;)

I know it's too early to ask this but if anyone comes across anything that says how or if Full Retail license can be switched to Insider version license, please post.

Reason: If I have
one Full Windows 10 Retail machine
and
one Insider Windows 10 machine,

I'd like to set program settings and fonts just the way I like them on my Full Retail Windows Pro machine and make an image, transfer that image to my other test machine, which is an Insider machine, then simply switch the license from Full to Insider on it....

I think that option would be available to you, assuming your M$ account is flagged as an insider account under the windows update settings (probably advanced settings) Insider.JPG

Got the 10158 ISO. Thank you very much Mega.NZ. No thanx to you Insider Fast Ring :rolleyes:

Now to find 10159 :D

FWIW

win 10 updates.jpg

Also checked off the 'update other MS products' box. Updated some utility, but no build update :mad:

Sooooo... I mounted the ISO and started the setup.exe. BTW I really like that feature of mounting an image and not having to burn a DVD to get at the installer. So I'm getting my new build as I write this :D

Last edited:
Well I have to say I really enjoyed build #10158.... for about two hours lol.

Now the fast ring updater is working and #10159 is on its way :burn:

Last edited:
Build 10159 installed & updated.

Noticeable improvement in speed and smoothness...:thup:

FYI -- If wanted you will have to manually install "Insider Hub" in this build and likely future builds

Settings-->System-->Apps&Features-->Manage Optional Features-->Add a Feature-->Find it / Click Install

--Edit--

If anyone, like myself needs the ISO: Windows 10 Pro 10159 x64

Or if you'd like to create your own ISO from ESD (Smaller download for those of us with weak sauce connections) : Build 10159 ESD File

Instructions on how to make ISO from ESD file on page 8 of this thread:
Instructions: Create a bootable .ISO file using ESD image for Windows 10 Build 10XXX

cool.gif

Last edited:
Installed 59 last night as well. Haven't seen any major issues yet.

159 for me borked something as I cant access the start menu and ms edge and something else is gone as well as the action center

quick question for upgrading though the ISO from 10130 to 10159, will I lose any installed programs/drivers?

I have not lost any drivers from the 9xxx build on up. I did have an issue with the wireless broadcom driver but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed that

maybe i missed installing something. Cuda what after install software did you install? such as java or adobe...ect.?

Just chipset (Z97) drivers really...Other than that straight to Windows update. I let it install whatever it saw fit. We are testing after all. (Other wise i'd be a little more picky)

I probably don't even need to do the chipset driver at this point, it's just habit. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back