• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10: The next chapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the windows thing at the bottom but it still says "Thank you for reserving the update, we will let you know when its ready."

Few ways to "skip the line" seems to work best on 8.1 testing another method on 7 right now at home before I have to work.

I have the windows thing at the bottom but it still says "Thank you for reserving the update, we will let you know when its ready."

If it says that your copy is reserved, then you can download the ISO and perform an upgrade using that.

MS is trying to roll out a billion installations. Yours might take a few days or maybe it will be today. Just have to wait.

I have seen mentioned on other forums, none of which can be named here, that MS, is using a type of peer to peer system to aid in downloading the upgrade. It does make sense that they would do that, so they could alleviate the load on their servers.

If it says that your copy is reserved, then you can download the ISO and perform an upgrade using that.

this didnt work for me you need to use the tool you download to perform the upgrade not the iso itself... atleast for me. it kept asking for a serial using the iso, even to upgrade.

Wow that's big news.

So... they have Windows 10 Service Release 1 planned for release *before* the official Windows 10 retail release date!?

If SR1 ends up inside the retail packaging then does that mean that Windows 10 SR1 will be the real RTM version they'll actually be shipping with retail purchases of Windows 10?

I was waiting to see if yesterday's ISO will be the retail RTM. But if Amazon now lists retail RTM for sale 1 month from now and not before, surely the words "SR1 is due to be released in early August, possibly as early as next week." can be connected to mean that Windows 10 SR1 will be RTM retail?

I tested with a machine at work, installed the dvd version of win10 on top of win7. It was showing up as not activated. I spammed the activate button until it activated. I'm guessing their activation servers were quite busy yesterday.

I tested with a machine at work, installed the dvd version of win10 on top of win7. It was showing up as not activated. I spammed the activate button until it activated. I'm guessing their activation servers were quite busy yesterday.

ontop of, as in you just used the iso, on a disk and just installed over it not doing up grade or doing upgrade?

I'm running Windows 7 Home premium on my Series 9 Samsung, everything is up to date (no waiting updates, KB2952664 installed manually) and I am still not getting the Windows 10 app in my icon tray. Anyone else running into something similar on a samsung laptop? I wanted to try out Windows 10 on my laptop before putting it on my desktop in a month or so, but that plan appears to be falling apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back