• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10: The next chapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have access to youtube from your current location, I see 2 yt vids in there.

When someone has downloaded their respective version from this ISO tool, can we get the build verified? I'm not interested in the registry details, just confirming 10240 is in fact the "base/RTM/root/starting/beginning of the end" build. Thanks everyone. :thup:

Weird, just didn't show up in Chrome but showed up in Edge. Will have to reboot when I get a chance and see if it shows up.

almost done downloading the ISO :)

What's the word wagex ??

Inquiring minds want to know :p

---Edit---

With the added bonus that you may help prevent C6 from having an aneurysm :popcorn:

Last edited:
Re: Clean Install

Just to clarify:

The only option right now to clean install Windows 10 is to run an upgrade first.

Unless/until you buy retail copy which would obviously include legit key :thup:

Make sure that your "upgrade" is fully installed and validated with Microsoft before wiping your drive.

Upgrade.png

Installed, but none of my keys worked. Not sure I did it properly though.

I had 10620 or something like that. I DL and installed W10 Pro forced through the update. I skipped the steps as above, but it won't activate. It seems to have a key already in there ending in 3V66T. I tried changing it to my W7 Key and the key I received when I DL W10 for the first time a few weeks ago (when signing up for insider), both will not activate.

I am thinking of just trying to upgrade/clean install over W7 now as this was on its own drive and never 'upgraded' from W7 (upgrade from W10 preview).

So, what's the verdict with upgrade installs? Yay? Nay?

I really would rather avoid re-installing from scratch if at all possible, though I do understand there can be some hiccups with currently installed software.

Try this key - 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Microsoft changed the TP product key prior to the last build.

- - - Updated - - -

So, what's the verdict with upgrade installs? Yay? Nay?

I really would rather avoid re-installing from scratch if at all possible, though I do understand there can be some hiccups with currently installed software.

I will probably try it again when I get some time to see how it fairs now that it is live. But overall I haven't seen many issues with straight upgrades. I'd do a drive image just to be safe in case something goes wrong though.

Error installing product key

Error Code: 0xc004e016

I think I will try it over my not activated W7 and see what happens...

Just a thought ED

The copy of 10 that your trying to upgrade, did you have it fully updated ??

Updates.png

There has been several updates since build 10240 went live and i'm sure some of them have to do with the upgrade process

Just to clarify:

The only option right now to clean install Windows 10 is to run an upgrade first.

Unless/until you buy retail copy which would obviously include legit key :thup:

Make sure that your "upgrade" is fully installed and validated with Microsoft before wiping your drive.

View attachment 167165

So to clarify the screenshot in this post:
1) upgrade and verify

2) wipe drive

3) install from downloaded iso

4) skip product key entry on installation and activation will be automatically done when online?

Just trying get to be sure of what I read thanks. Also, booooo M$ for being able to authenticate with no product key

Just a thought ED

The copy of 10 that your trying to upgrade, did you have it fully updated ??

View attachment 167166

There has been several updates since build 10240 went live and i'm sure some of them have to do with the upgrade process
It was forced from an older version... from here: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/download-install-windows-10-now-123001070.html

Now when I try to install from within windows (as it asked me to), I click on the setup file and it says I need to launch the 64 bit version... that is what I DL from the link above and build the ISO.

EDIT: It will install with the setup.exe in the sources folder..

EDI2: And it would only let me do a clean install...????

Last edited:
Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Microsoft has introduced a variety of keyboard shortcuts to navigate between new features like virtual desktops, and even activate the new Cortana digital assistant. All the new important additions use the Windows key, so they're easy to activate. If you're a trackpad user then there's also some changes here: tapping three fingers activates Cortana (you can change this to activate Action Center), swiping three fingers up shows the new Task View, and swiping three fingers left or right tabs between apps.

Shortcut.png

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back